Echoes and Fragments
Part 1 - The Gathering Storm
On the eve of a momentous confrontation between the Autobots and Decepticons, Sideways encounters Gong in Maccadam's Old Oil House. The two strike up a plot to merge the reality they are currently inhabiting with a Gargent stream, to see how mixing GoBots into the equation changes things, prompting the bartender to get in touch with his brother, Vec-Tor, to ensure the safety of reality. Their machinations cause the Battle of Autobot City to be fought between Autobots and Renegades, with Sideways later changing it to a battle between Guardians and Decepticons. Despite some minor changes, events unfold as expected, with Leader-1 and Megatron gravely wounding each other and the Decepticons in retreat.
Part 2 - To the Death—and Beyond!
Further machinations from Sideways destabilize reality even more, resulting in hybrid crews of Autobots/Guardians and Decepticons/Renegades participating in the aftermath of the battle. Megatron, Crasher, and Spoons are jettisoned from Astrotrain and encounter Unicron. They are subsequently upgraded into Galvatron, Fracture, and Deadlift. They first interrupt Zero's coronation and later attack Major Mo's forces on Earth. Kup and Hot Rod crash on Antares III, and Major Mo and his crew limp to the planet of rock to repair their damaged ship. On GoBotron, Sideways is captured.
Part 3 - Terror on Two Worlds!
Vector Prime learns the source dimension interfering with his own and sets off for it. Hot Rod and Kup encounter the Master Renegade and his Monster GoBots on Antares III, while the Dinobots meet the RoGuns. Hot Rod and Kup learn about Unicron from Crank, the last survivor of Planet Zi. Galvatron tracks Major Mo and his crew to Quartex, retrieving the Guardian Matrix of Leadership and leaving the Autobots and Guardians stranded without a ship, surrounded by hostile Rock Lords.
Part 4 - Matrix Quest!
Sideways escapes his captors and makes his way back to Gong on Cybertron, where they ambush Vector Prime. With the help of the RoGuns and Dinobots, Hot Rod and Kup defeat the Master Renegade and depart Antares III. The Rock Lord attack on the wounded Autobots and Guardians is thwarted by the timely arrival of Hot Rod, Kup, and friendly Rock Lords. The combined forces set forth for Cybertron, only to encounter an enraged Unicron intent on dismembering their entire world. Hot Rod confronts Galvatron, but is unable to open the Guardian Matrix until Vector Prime can drive off Sideways and restore the universe to its natural state. Unicron is defeated, Vector Prime is relieved... and Sideways ends up being menaced by an enraged Gong, unhappy at being used as Sideways' pawn.
- Although not named in the story, Macadams (a.k.a. Alchemist Prime), is clearly the bartender. The other survivor from the Planet Zi is the Starrior Cut-Up. The Guardian Boomer is Rumble. The leader of the Monsterous combiner is Fright Face.
- Gong identifies Sideways as originating from Level 44, the Viron universal cluster, which make him Sideways from the 2001 Robots in Disguise series.
- Gargent 186.0 Gamma is universal stream of the GoBots magazine comic.
- When Unicron upgrades Megatron he becomes Galvatron, just as in The Transformers: The Movie. Unique to this story Spoons becomes Deadlift (based on the Revenge of the Fallen toy), while Crain Brain (a recolored Combiner Wars Hook) and Screw Head (a recolored Unite Warriors Nosecone) become the Sweeps (based on Revenge of the Fallen Dirt Boss). Crasher (a recolor of Robots in Disguise Daytonus) becomes Fracture (based on the 2007 Transformers film toy), while Slicks (a recolor of Generation 2 Double Clutch) becomes her armada (based on Robots in Disguise Classic Mirage colored like the white version of the Crasher toy).
- Having Staks piloting a Power Suit is probably a nod to the time he did it in the Challenge of the GoBots episode "Auto-Madic", despite the Staks toy being a Super GoBot which would never fit inside a Power Suit.
- Kup mentions the planet Zeeros, a planet first seen in the Challenge of the GoBots episode "Et Tu, Cy-Kill?".
- Crank is described as having purple limbs, not brown.
- In the initial Facebook posting Gong is described as being yellow/black, but no Gong toy was released in those colors. This was edited to say white/blue, which is accurate to one release of his toy.
- In the initial Facebook post of the story had Swindle at the battle of Guardian City in the place of Shrapnel. This was later corrected.
- In the initial Facebook post of the story Tic Tac attacked Blaster in the Autobot communications tower. This was later edited to say Crossword.
- In the initial Facebook post of the story Hot Rod turned into a pickup truck instead of a car. This was later corrected.
- In the initial Facebook post Leader-1 expresses his intent to "take care of Cy-Kill" when it was Megatron that he subsequently confronted.
- Jim Sorenson (w). "Echoes and Fragments" Ask Vector Prime (February 10th, 2016), Fun Publications
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.