Brimstone (Rock Lords)
- 1 Rock Lords
- 1.1 Development
- 1.2 Reception
- 1.3 Fictional biography
- 1.4 Animated series
- 1.5 Books
- 1.6 Comics
- 1.7 Toys
- 1.8 Gallery
- 2 References
- 3 External links
Brimstone is an evil Rock Lord warrior and second in command to Magmar. When he gets angry he breaths fire and generates rock-melting heat with a touch.
In the French Bleu, l'Enfant de la Terre series he is small, yellow and can fly.
In the IDW Publishing Transformers stories Brimstone is a Cybertronian Non-Aligned Indigenous Life-form.
He should not be confused with the Transformers characters of the same name.
Brimstone appeared in the 1986 Tonka's World of Entertainment catalog in an alternate color scheme with several major mold changed, particularly in the head and chest.
- Brimstone and Tombstone review on YouTube by CYBER-TIGER RETRO TOY SHOWCASE AND REVIEWS
- Brimstone and Crackpot review on YouTube by Take Walker
Brimstone's scheming intellect makes him a deadly foe. Brimstone is always ready to step in for Magmar and take command. Brandishing The Torcher, his flame throwing weapon, he laughs wickedly as he charges fearlessly into battle.
Bleu, l'Enfant de la Terre
Brimstone was among the Rock Lords who appeared in episode 1 of Bleu, l'Enfant de la Terre.
GoBots: Battle of the Rock Lords
Brimstonee first appeared in the 1986 film GoBots: Battle of the Rock Lords as one of Magmar's minions on the planet Quartex.
Brimstone was voiced by Richard Gautier, who also provided the voice for the Transformers character Rodimus Prime.
In the story Cultural Appropriation by Fun Publications it was revealed that Rock Lords Brimstone, Magmar, Spearhead and Stoneheart teamed with the GoBots Bent Wing, Major Mo, Raizor, Super Couper and Tail Pipe to explore Level 34 when the Cataclysm threatened to destroy the GoBots home universe.
Tombstone was featured in the 2016 Ask Vector Prime story Echoes and Fragments, set during the events of The Transformers: The Movie. The manipulations of the evil Gong and Sideways resulted in various GoBots and Rock Lords swapping places with characters during the events of that film.
Brimstone appeared in the Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric episodes 65 story "Combiner Wars Part 2". At the end of the war, Brimstone and Tombstone both tried to take Cy-Kill hostage after he mouthed off to Magmar. It didn't work out.
Boulder, Brimstone, Granite, Nuggit and Spearhead had a cameo appearance among the Non-Aligned Indigenous Life-forms Blurr drove past on Cybertron who appeared in IDW Publishing's Transformers: Robots in Disguise issue number 4 story "Devisive".
- Bandai Rock Lords GoBots Brimstone (Europe, 1986)
- Turns from Rock Lord to rock. Comes with The Torcher weapon.
- This toy was also released in Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos as Bloodyrock.
- Tonka Rock Lords 7501 Brimstone (US and UK, 1986)
- A release of Brimstone for the US and UK by Tonka.
- Rock Lords Coloring Book. Golden. 1986.
- Jim Sorenson (w). "Echoes and Fragments" Ask Vector Prime (February 10th, 2016), Fun Publications
- "Combiner Wars Part 2". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. December 12th, 1986/February 5th, 2016. No. 65, season 1.
- Paul Kirchner (w, a). "Conquest of the Command Center!" GoBots Magazine (Summer 1986), Telepictures Publications
- Paul Kirchner (w), Paul Kirchner (a). "Update From Quartex" (Fall 1986), Telepictures Publications