Play With This Too
Play With This Too is a toy company founded in 2013 by Rik Alvarez, specializing in high-end collectible action figures.
Play With This Too was founded in 2013 by former Hasbro employee Rik Alvarez after his termination from that company. He named the company after a toy store he worked at called Play With This. He has cited the market opening for collectible action figures and need for freedom of designers to design without restraints from corporate executives as reasons for forming his own company.
Play With This Too’s goals include being a top brand developer, designer, manufacturer and wholesale distributor of high-end collectible action figures and toys. Their aim is to target the rapidly growing collector oriented toy market and produce products for both wholesale distribution and exclusives for conventions, retailers and websites.
Play with this too launched their first Kickstarter on February 26, 2015. This served as the debut of the line. It will consist of 6” highly articulated action figures with interchangeable parts and weapons. The figures will include intergalactic heroes and ferocious monsters. The first Kickstarter, named Play With This Too- Lost Protectors, ended on March 29, 2015. It failed to reach its funding goal of $80,000, having come in at $71, 625.
Play With This Too indicated it will continue to engage with potential licensors to bring official products based on existing brands to market. Play With This Too will begin to offer full service design and manufacturing, as well as intellectual property development for delivery over Transmedia networks.
The company's second Kickstarter, titled Boneyard & Jetstrike Action Figures- Play With This Too, launched on September 18, 2015 and ended on October 18, 2015. It too failed to fund, raising $34, 963 of its $90,000 goal.
In November 2014 online toy retailer Big Bad Toy Store endorsed the crowd funding project for Play With This Too and encouraged it's customers to back them.
Rik was interviewed on the TFYLP podcast on October 10th, 2014. They talked about Astroblast, Desolataur and Head Shots Vol. 1 and 2. The hosts thought Skull-FCKR looked like Predator and that Xando looked like a hammer head shark.
The Retro Robot Radio show for October 25th, 2014 interviewed Rik Alvarez. The show discussed Play With This Too team members Mark Wong, Steve Redinger, Trent Troop, Ken Christiansen, Aaron Archer and Simon Furman. It also talked about the toys for Ancient Astronaut, Astroblast, Bloodbath, Boneyard, Desolataur, Jetwash and Steel Cock as well as the first three volumes of Head Shots.
The TFYLP podcast for October 25th, 2014 interviewed Rik Alvarez and Aaron Archer. They talked about the main villain Ancient Astronaut, the vampire villain Bloodbath, the gladiator hero Boneyard and the flying hero Jetwash.
The Cybercast podcast for November 22nd, 2014 interviewed Rik Alvarez. He spoke about Play With This Toosday reveals, Astroblast, Bloodbath, Desolataur, Ironstrike, Jetwash, The Mighty Muscules - Son of Testosteros, Tri-Gorr and the Play With Yourself Box Set. He announced the villains of his series would be called Heretics and that the first Play With This Toosday reveal would be of interest to Masters of the Universe fans.
Rik Alvarez was interviewed by Charles and Candice in the November 25th, 2014 episode of the Super Epic Podcast Theater. In it they talk about Candice joining the Play With This Too team, her Head Shots and the art of Jetstrike she is doing. They mention the toys for Bitemark, Catastropheles, Flarestrike, and the Mighty Muscules.
The Star To Star Toys News for December 12th, 2014 interviewed Rik Alvarez about Play With This Too. Rik talked about getting Aaron Archer to join the company, how the crowd funding would start with 4 figures and have stretch goals to 33 figures the Play With Yourself box set and the naming of Talix from Head Shots Vol. 3. Rik played with a prototype of the sword for Desolataur/Sir Pythanore during the show.
The TFYLP podcast for December 12th, 2014 had Rik Alvarez on briefly as a guest. They talked about Desolataur and premiered Head Shots Vol. 5.
The Repacked Podcast podcast for December 29th, 2014 interviewed Rik Alvarez of Play With This Too. They talked about Simon Furman and Christopher Dahlberg joining the team and about the figures for Desolataur, Mighty Muscules and Thunderous as well as Head Shots Vol. 5.
The Cybercast podcast for March 7th, 2015 interviewed Rik Alvarez. He spoke about the Lost Protectors Kickstarter. They discussed the Head Shots, Head Stands, Bloodbath, Boneyard, Desolataur and Wrecktifier. They revealed the character of Wastelander on the show.
- Rik Alvarez – Chief executive manager
- Peer Brauner - 3D modeler
- Christopher Dahlberg - Sculpter
- Albie (Chian) Lim - Design
- Jason Patrick Brehn - Paints
- Trent Troop Freelance designer and intellectual property developer
According to Trent Troop "The line will homage multiple sci-fi and fantasy lines. The first major push takes inspiration from the Pretenders, but that's not all that's coming." 
While all original molds, figures from Play With This Too have been compared to characters from Diablo III, G.I. Joe, GoBots, The Last Starfighter, Major Matt Mason, Masters of the Universe, Ren & Stimpy, Transformers and other series.
Play With This Too first premiered drawings of their Astroblast figure online in September 2014. This was followed by their attending Retrocon 2014 where they displayed art of Deep Earth Explorer, Desolataur and Head Shots Vol. 1.
Starting on November 25th, 2014, Play With This Too started a promotional campaign called "Play With This Toosday" where they revealed new product images each Tuesday on their web site. Their first reveal was the Serpents of the Coiled Table set.
6 inch figures
- Ankhor (Transformers Waverider/Diver) - Protector hero.
- Astroblast (Transformers Cloudburst/Phoenix) - Heroic Protector.
- Barbaricles (Dungeons & Dragons Warduke)
- Bitemark - Vampire cosmic.
- Bloodbath (Transformers Bomb-Burst/Blood) - vampire cosmic.
- Bloodsoaked - Heretic villain.
- Boneyard (Transformers Pretender Grimlock) - Gladiator Protector hero.
- Calaminous Haagenti (Masters of the Universe Hordak) - Space demon.
- Catastropheles (Masters of the Universe Skeletor) - Space demon.
- Cloudstrike (Transformers Skywarp)
- Coleopterous (Visionaries Mortdred)
- Concept (Transformers Swoop)
- Count Tuskules (Thundercats Tuska Warrior)
- Desolataur (Transformers Skullgrin/Dauros) - Space demon.
- Faststrike (Transformers Thundercracker)
- Flarestrike (Transformers Sunstorm)
- Goldminer (Transformers Landmine/Lander) - Protector hero.
- Impirator (Transformers Ratbat)
- Iron Strike (Transformers Metalhawk)
- Jetstrike (Transformers Starscream) - Flying protector hero.
- King Adder (Transformers Iguanus)
- Landmass (Inhumanoids Liquidator) - Protector hero.
- Lord Tangent von Tuskuleser (Battle Beasts Wolfgang Walrus)
- Muscules (Transformers Stranglehold)
- Prince Carnos (Thundercats Slithe)
- Rawbat (Voltron Scorpious) - Vampire Heretic villain.
- Stormstrike (Transformers Slipstream)
- Takokill (Transformers Octopunch) - Main Heretic villain of the series.
- Terrortops (Dinosaucers Tricero)
- Tri-Gorr (Battle Beasts style character)
- Wastelander (Beast Wars Dinobot)
- Wrecktifier (Transformers Trypticon/Shattered Glass Grimlock)
- Atomic Splatterpus - Glow in the dark BMOG platypus.
- Bearald - Blue bear BMOG.
- Monoscream - Purple BMOG Tech Drone
- R-Mix (Transformers Fortress Maximus/TFW2005 Boombox themed tech drone)
- Ray Mant the Manta-Ger - Blue manta BMOG.
- Head Shots Vol. 1 - Three heads for 6 inch tall figures. Includes Terribull, Skull-Fckr and Madwing. Designed by Steve Redinger and named by Rik Alvarez.
- Head Shots Vol. 2 - Three heads for 6 inch tall figures. Includes Blackjack, Moon-Unit and Xando. Designed by Ken Christiansen.
- Head Shots Vol. 3 - Three heads for 6 inch tall figures. Includes Gentleman Fantastico MD, Maqua and Talix. Designed by Rik Alvarez and Ken Christiansen.
- Head Shots Vol. 4 - Three heads for 6 inch tall figures. Includes King Coldfang, Litchknife and Thicket. Designed by Aaron Archer.
- Head Shots Vol. 5 - Three heads for 6 inch tall figures. Includes Bruiser, Secton and Tark. Designed by Mark Wong.
- Head Shots Vol. 6 - Three heads for 6 inch tall figures. Includes Briques & Stowne, Captain Baros and Sheriff Wormwood. Designed by Trent Troop.
- Head Shots Vol. 7 - Three heads for 6 inch tall figures. Includes Deadwood, Lurk and Nug. Designed by Candice N. Santora.
- Head Shots Vol. 8 - Three heads for 6 inch tall figures. Includes Big Mac Roche, Diptera, Lady Cosette. Designed by Bill Forster.
- Head Shots Vol. 9 - Three heads for 6 inch tall figures. Includes Cosmina, Krikket and Screwdriver. Designed by Peer Brauner.
- Head Stands
- Supremacy Scepters
- Oscar NJ Boi (9 October 2014). "Shattered Cast Uncut". http://www.youtube.com/user/shatteredcastuncut?feature=watch (Podcast). Shattered Cast Uncut. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT3I1rh11vY.
- Weirdwolf (10 October 2014). "TFYLP". https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPuvkpKfdDqj-7gEnFRZu6Q (Podcast). TFYLP. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_fCVNxw13s.
- Mathew Robert Ignash (25 October 2014). "Retro Robot Radio". http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroRobotRadio?feature=watch (Podcast). Mathew Robert Ignash. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xKvV9DVGiw.
- Weirdwolf (25 October 2014). "TFYLP". https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPuvkpKfdDqj-7gEnFRZu6Q (Podcast). TFYLP. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYq7ujMTOBk.
- Vangelus (27 October 2014). "[email protected]". http://www.tfw2005.com/ (Podcast). TFW2005. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/wtf-tfw-transformers-podcast/1007868-wtf-pwttoo-tfcon-usa-2014-oct-27-2014-a.html.
- Josh (22 November 2014). "Cybercast". https://www.youtube.com/user/G1Hexatron?feature=watch (Podcast). Cybercast. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weVUBYepzMk.
- Charles and Candice (25 November 2014). "Super Epic Podcast Theater". http://superepicpodcasttheater.podbean.com/ (Podcast). Podbean. http://superepicpodcasttheater.podbean.com/e/episode-7-play-with-this-podcast-too/#.VHTWPD_Yfd8.facebook.
- Chris and Ash (12 December 2014). "Star To Star Toys News". https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6PGk5W0pSKfwbXpIahKObw (Podcast). Star To Star Toy News. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k2i_G8-u-c.
- Weirdwolf (12 December 2014). "TFYLP". https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPuvkpKfdDqj-7gEnFRZu6Q (Podcast). TFYLP. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tkqQmroxN_k#t=2431.
- Craig Moore (29 December 2014). "Repacked Podcast". http://www.repackedpodcast.com/ (Podcast). Repacked Podcast. http://www.repackedpodcast.com/archives/1620.
- Diecast (February 26th, 2015). "Radio Free Cybertron". http://www.tfradio.net/ (Podcast). TFRadio.net. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snvFUgiIasA.
- Josh (7 March 2015). "Cybercast". https://www.youtube.com/user/G1Hexatron?feature=watch (Podcast). Cybercast. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXepsQB13wc.