Wastelander is a fictional character and third-party Transformer homage to Dinobot, Grimlock and Guiledart made by Play With This Too.
Wastelander is a character created by Play With This Too for their Lost Protector series. He wears a Babel Bracer which translates all languages and Tachyon Telegraph which can send and receive transmissions with an interplanetary range. His weapons include a Tri-Horn Rampart which can deflect energy attacks.
He has a Tech Drone Squire named R-Boot who turns into a robotic dinosaur.
His form is influenced by Pretender Grimlock and his colors are an homage to Dinobot. The triceratops head's color are inspire by Guiledart.
Play With This Too first revealed Wastelander on the Cybercast Podcast in March 2015.
Boneyard, Wastelander and Wrecktifier were among the stretch goals for the unsuccessful 2015 Lost Protectors Kickstarter campaign. They were to be unlocked if the campaign raised at least $420,000.
In June 2015 Play With This Too released renders of Boneyard online. They announced they would be doing a second Kickstarter with the characters of Boneyard, Jetstrike and Wastelander among the initial figures offered as rewards.
In July 2015 Play With This Too released images the prototype for Boneyard.
In August 205 Play With This Too released a color render of Wastelander on their Facebook page.
Wastelander was one of the ten initial figures available as a reward for the unsuccessful Boneyard & Jetstrike Action Figures Kickstarter campaign, which began in September 2015.
In May 2017 Play With This Too posted a picture of Wastelander on Twitter.
The Cybercast podcast for March 7th, 2015 interviewed Rik Alvarez. He spoke about the Lost Protectors Kickstarter. They discussed the Head Shots, Head Stands, Bloodbath, Boneyard, Desolataur and Wrecktifier. They revealed the character of Wastelander on the show.
The Star To Star Toys News podcast for March 23rd, 2015 discussed Calaminous Haagenti, Catastropheles, Concept, Count Tuskula, Desolataur, King Adder, Lord Tangent von Tuskuleser, Madwing, Muscules, Skull-F, Terribull and Wastelander in the news.
Rik Alvarez was a guest on the TFYLP podcast on August 21st, 2015. During the show the first color render of Wastelander was revealed.
The Repacked Podcast podcast for August 25th, 2015 discussed Jetstrike and Wastelander in the news. One of the hosts, Albie Lim, talked about his work on the coloring of the renders. He said the stripes on the Wastelander sword were modeled after Dinobot's sword, while the triceratops head was modeled after a different character.
The [email protected] podcast for August 25th, 2015 discussed Wastelander in the news. They hosts compared Wastelander to Beast Wars Dinobot and hoped the new Kickstarter campaign would succeed.
The TF Insane Asylum podcast for September 8th, 2015 discussed Jetstrike and Wastelander in the news.
Wastelander comes from the wasteland. He wears a living Aegis battle suit powered by the primal forces of the universe. It grants him enhanced strength, durability and longevity, as well as having numerous weapons. His suit also provides ultraviolet vision, breathable air and protection from harsh environmental conditions including under water and the vacuum of space. He carries a Tri-Horn Rampart shield.
- Play With This Too Lost Protectors Wastelander (unreleased)
- A 1:12 scale articulated figure with interchangeable head and limbs. He has numerous 5mm connector ports. Comes with an alternate "robot" head, helmet, two shoulder pads, two leg armors, an arm guard, an axe, rifle, sword and dinosaur head/shield. He has a 5mm hole in the bottom of each foot.
- Wastelander shares his body design with Boneyard, Gladiat-Ore, Stonebreaker and Wrecktifier.
- Some parts on Wastelander are also used on Barbaricles, Cloudstrike, Coleopterous, Concept, Faststrike, Flarestrike, Impirator, Jetstrike, Manvil Forgehead, Meanbean, Muscules, Rawbat, Sir Fangramore LeVenomous, Sir Pythanore, Stormstrike and Viper Squire.
- The Wastelander body works well with the Wronghorn head.
- ↑ https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/44339820/play-with-this-too-lost-protectors
- ↑ https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/44339820/boneyard-and-jetstrike-action-figures-playwiththis
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PlayWithThisToo/status/868194228123336704/photo/1
- ↑ Josh (7 March 2015). "Cybercast". https://www.youtube.com/user/G1Hexatron?feature=watch (Podcast). Cybercast. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXepsQB13wc.
- ↑ Chris and Ash (March 23rd, 2015). "Star To Star Toys News". https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6PGk5W0pSKfwbXpIahKObw (Podcast). Star To Star Toy News. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0U5TKC7zy0.
- ↑ Weirdwolf (August 21st, 2015). "TFYLP". https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPuvkpKfdDqj-7gEnFRZu6Q (Podcast). TFYLP. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQFjyqm53rk.
- ↑ Craig Moore (August 25th, 2015). "Repacked Podcast". http://www.repackedpodcast.com/ (Podcast). Repacked Podcast. http://www.repackedpodcast.com/archives/2378.
- ↑ Vangelus (August 25th, 2015). "[email protected]". http://www.tfw2005.com/ (Podcast). TFW2005. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/wtf-tfw-transformers-podcast/1051131-wtf-tfw-371-august-25-2015-a.html.
- ↑ Brian (September 8th, 2015). "TF Insane Asylum". https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7_waRbV2VnP_K5FOyfFS3w (Podcast). TFanPage101. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkVu3HoCebQ.
- 1:12 scale
- 5mm peg compatible toys
- Dinobot homages
- Fictional characters who project energy
- Fictional characters with oxygen independence
- Fictional characters with superhuman durability
- Fictional characters with superhuman longevity
- Fictional characters with superhuman strength
- Fictional sword fighters
- Grimlock homages
- Guiledart homages
- Peer Brauner designs
- Play With This Too toys
- Unreleased third-party Transformers