Catastropheles is a fictional character created by Play With This Too as part of their Lost Protectors series. He is an evil demon and has a demon imp possessed Tech Drone henchman named D-Vour.
He is an homage to the Masters of the Universe character Skeletor. His head mold is inspired by the Transformers characters Dauros and Skullgrin.
The Desolataur mold, which was used to create Catastropheles, was designed by Steve Redinger.
In February 2015 Play With This Too released images of the prototype for Desolataur, which included parts used on Catastropheles.
Play With This Too first displayed a picture of Catastropheles on their Facebook page in February 2015.
Play With This Too started a Kickstarter crowd funding campaign on February 27th, 2015. It offered several figures as backer rewards, including Catastropheles with D-Vour, and had a funding goal of $80,000. The campaign ended short of its goal with only $71,625 pledged.
In June 2015 Play With This Too announced they would be doing another Kickstarter. Catastropheles would not be among the figures offered in this Kickstarter, and it was being reworked to offer more articulation.
In March 2017 Prize Inside released a Titan Master Desolataur helmet on their Shapeways store.
Rik Alvarez was interviewed by Charles and Candice in the November 25th, 2014 episode of the Super Epic Podcast Theater. In it they talk about Candice joining the Play With This Too team, her Head Shots and the art of Jetstrike she is doing. They mention the toys for Bitemark, Catastropheles, Flarestrike, and Muscules.
The Star To Star Toys News podcast for March 23rd, 2015 discussed Calaminous Haagenti, Catastropheles, Concept, Count Tuskula, Desolataur, King Adder, Lord Tangent Von Tuskuleser, Madwing, Muscules, Skull-F, Terribull and Wastelander in the news.
Once a mere warlock and self-proclaimed soon-to-be-conqueror of a magic world in a distant arm of the galaxy, Catastropheles tried every trick he could think of, but was time and time again defeated by a band of heroic champions lead by Testosteros. In desperation, he made a pact with the dark forces of the Null Miasma, granting unto him the form of a powerful demon, surging with physical and mystical power. Though they could not truly defeat the empowered demon-warlock, the heroes of his world called upon ancient magics and were able to banish Catastropheles into deep space. Once again stymied, this flamboyant megalomaniac travels the universe seeking a way to his lost planet and his long-overdue revenge, though just what form it takes is ever-changing as he stews in his rage. He is frequently turned from his quest to serve the interest of his masters, lest they withhold his new powers at an inopportune time.
The biography for Boneyard mentions he survived the trials of Catastropheles in the galactic arenas.
According to Jetstrike's biography Catastropheles predicted the coming of the Scion of the Sacred Flame, which may be Jetstrike.
Catastropheles as a Hero System 4th edition character by Mathew Robert Ignash.
- Prize Inside Desolataur Helmet (Titans Return) (2017)
- A helmet shaped like Desolataur's head that fits on a Titans Return Titanmaster in head mode.
- Play With This Too Lost Protectors Catastropheles with D-Vour (unreleased)
- A 1:12 scale articulated figure with interchangeable head and limbs. He has numerous 5mm connector ports. Comes with alternate hands.
- Catastropheles shares his design with Desolataur.
- Catastropheles shares some parts with Barbaricles, Baron Tuskador, Bitemark, Bloodbath, Bloodsoaked, Calaminous Haagenti, Count Tuskules, Dungheap, Impirator, King Adder, Lord Tangent von Tuskuleser, Meanbean, Muscules, Prince Carnos, Rawbat, Sir Fangramore LeVenomous, Sir Pythanore, Spine-FCKR, Terrortops, Titanic Triceratops XD, Tri-Gorr and Viper Squire.
- The Catastropheles body works well with the Dread McCreed, Gentleman Fantastico or Hammerendous Head Shots.
- The design for D-Vour was never revealed.
- Charles and Candice (25 November 2014). "Super Epic Podcast Theater". http://superepicpodcasttheater.podbean.com/ (Podcast). Podbean. http://superepicpodcasttheater.podbean.com/e/episode-7-play-with-this-podcast-too/#.VHTWPD_Yfd8.facebook.
- Chris and Ash (March 23rd, 2015). "Star To Star Toys News". https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6PGk5W0pSKfwbXpIahKObw (Podcast). Star To Star Toy News. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0U5TKC7zy0.