Calaminous Haagenti is a fictional character created by Play With This Too as part of their Lost Protectors series. He is an evil demon and carries a sword called the Givetaker. He has a demon imp possessed Tech Drone companion named D-File who can turn into a backpack or shield.
Calaminous Haagenti is an homage to the Masters of the Universe character Hordak. His head is inspired by the Transformers characters Dauros and Skullgrin. When first developed this homage to Hordak was called Catastropheles, but the name was was changed to Calaminous Haagenti.
Desolataur and was designed by Steve Redinger.
The closed hands for Calaminous Haagenti were designed by Albie Lim.
In February 2015 Play With This Too released images of the prototype for Desolataur, which included parts used on Calaminous Haagenti.
Play With This Too started a Kickstarter crowd funding campaign on February 27th, 2015. It offered several figures as backer rewards, including Calaminous Haagenti with an unnamed Tech Drone, and had a funding goal of $80,000. The campaign ended short of its goal with only $71,625 pledged.
In June 2015 Play With This Too announced they would be doing another Kickstarter. Calaminous Haagenti would not be among the figures offered in this Kickstarter, and it was being reworked to offer more articulation.
According to the Play With This Too Facebook page the Terribull matches well with the Calaminous Haagenti body.
In March 2017 Prize Inside released a Titan Master Desolataur helmet on their Shapeways store.
The Star To Star Toys News podcast for March 23rd, 2015 discussed Calaminous Haagenti, Catastropheles, Concept, Count Tuskula, Desolataur, King Adder, Lord Tangent Von Tuskuleser, Madwing, Muscules, Skull-F, Terribull and Wastelander in the news.
A celestial entity of unknown origin, neither demon nor angel, Calaminous only appears to those who complete the proper incantations. Appearing differently to each individual who lays eyes on it, Calaminous holds all knowledge that is lost and much that is obscured, and it shares that knowledge with those who seek it... for a price. The price it asks is different for each person - sometimes seemingly inconsequential, sometimes truly horrific - and the deal must be struck before the price is made known. If the same information is sought by more than one champion, Calaminous has been known to conjure harrowing trials and guests to determine who is most worthy... though by what metric it deems the victor is just as cryptic as any other action it takes. Calaminous's true purpose is unknown. Its words have struck down great evils, but also brought prosperous, benevolent kingdoms to their ruin. Is it following some plan that only it knows?
- Prize Inside Desolataur Helmet (Titans Return) (2017)
- A helmet shaped like Desolataur's head that fits on a Titans Return Titanmaster in head mode.
- Play With This Too Lost Protectors Calaminous Haagenti with D-File (unreleased)
- A 1:12 scale figure with interchangeable head and limbs. He has numerous 5mm connector ports and comes with two sets of hands (open and closed). Comes with his Givetaker sword.
- The Calaminous Haagenti body works well with the Terribull head.
- Calaminous Haagenti shares some parts with Barbaricles, Bitemark, Bloodbath, Bloodsoaked, Catastropheles, Count Tuskules, Desolataur, Dungheap, Impirator, King Adder, Lord Tangent von Tuskuleser, Meanbean, Muscules, Prince Carnos, Rawbat, Sir Fangramore LeVenomous, Sir Pythanore, Spine-FCKR, Terrortops, Titanic Triceratops XD, Tri-Gorr and Viper Squire.
- He comes with the Tech Drone companion D-File, who is a recolor of D-Throne. Turns from robot to backpack or shield. His arms become rifles. Stands 3.0 inches tall from head to foot.
- Chris and Ash (March 23rd, 2015). "Star To Star Toys News". https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6PGk5W0pSKfwbXpIahKObw (Podcast). Star To Star Toy News. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0U5TKC7zy0.