Ankhor (Lost Protectors)
Ankhor is a fictional character created by Play With This Too as part of their Lost Protectors series. He is a member of the Lost Protectors. His weapons include his Wavesplitter Axe and Tsunami Torpedoes. He has a Tech Drone squire named R-Send who turns from robot to scout ship.
Ankhor was designed by Rik Alvarez with the help of Mark Wong. He was initially developed under the name Deep Dive, but it was changed to Ankhor early on, perhaps to avoid confusion with the Transformers character of that name.
The first concept art of Ankhor and Mainsail was released on the Play With This Too Facebook page in December 2014. They announced that the head sculpt for Ankhor would be sold during the crowd funding of the figure.
Ankhor, Astroblast and Goldminer were initially announced to be stretch goals in the Lost Protectors Kickstarter, but they did not end up being among those goals when the campaign was launched.
According to statements by Play With This Too, the rights to the head sculpt for Ankhor, Jetstrike and Metalhawk would be sold to backers at the Play With This Too crowd funding.
"Jetstrike, Ankhor and Ironstrike will all have the option for one person to own the right to have their face placed on the figure regardless of age, gender or ethnicity."
In June 2015 Play With This Too announced that were reworking Ankhor/Mainsail to use some parts from Boneyard/Jetstrike.
In April 2017 Play With This Too posted a new picture of Ankhor on the Twitter account.
The Retro Robot Radio show for October 25th, 2014 interviewed Rik Alvarez. The show discussed Play With This Too team members Mark Wong, Steve Redinger, Trent Troop, Ken Christiansen, Aaron Archer and Simon Furman. It also talked about the toys for Ancient Astronaut, Astroblast, Bloodbath, Boneyard, Desolataur, Jetwash and Steel Cock as well as the first three volumes of Head Shots. In the show Rik mentioned there was a water based character being developed who was a 40% remold of Astroblast.
The Cybercast podcast for December 6th, 2014 talked about Ankhor, Mainsail and Sir Fangramore LeVenomous. They said they reminded them of Generation 1 Diver/Waverider, Centurions Max Ray and Masters of the Universe SSSqueeze, respectively.
The Retro Robot Radio show for December 6th, 2014 talked about Ancient Astronaut, Ankhor, Desolataur and Mainsail and Sir Fangramore LeVenomous in the news.
Ankhor wears a living Aegis battle suit powered by the primal forces of the universe. It grants him enhanced strength, durability and longevity as well as having numerous weapons. His suit also provides ultraviolet vision, breathable air and protection from harsh environmental conditions including under water and the vacuum of space. He can fly and propel himself in water. He can produce vast quantities of sea water thanks to his status as the Maven of the Seas of Eternity. He has a Tech Drone companion named R-Send.
- Play With This Too Lost Protectors Ankhor with R-Send (unreleased)
- A 1:12 scale articulated figure with interchangeable hands and heads. He has numerous 5mm connector ports.
- Comes with an alternate armored head, axe, 2 thrusters, 2 torpedo cannons and 2 dive wings.
- The Anchor head matches well with the Bruiser head.
- Ankhor shares the same design with Mainsail.
- Ankhor shares some parts with Astro Spreem, Astroblast, Count Tuskules, Goldminer, Impirator, Iron Strike, Landmass, Lord Tangent von Tuskuleser, Rawbat, Terrortops, Titanic Triceratops XD and Tri-Gorr.
- R-Send turns from robot to scout ship. He is built with 5mm pegs and ports and has a 3mm hole in the bottom of each foot. He shares a mold with R-Paint.
- Mathew Robert Ignash (October 25th, 2014). "Retro Robot Radio". http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroRobotRadio?feature=watch (Podcast). Mathew Robert Ignash. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xKvV9DVGiw.
- Josh (December 6th, 2014). "Cybercast". https://www.youtube.com/user/G1Hexatron?feature=watch (Podcast). Cybercast. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOZYQRHqhwo.
- Mathew Robert Ignash (December 6th, 2014). "Retro Robot Radio". http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroRobotRadio?feature=watch (Podcast). Mathew Robert Ignash. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9z-1vxYzxc.
- Craig Moore (December 9th, 2014). "Repacked Podcast". http://www.repackedpodcast.com/ (Podcast). Repacked Podcast. http://www.repackedpodcast.com/archives/1577.