Professor von Joy
Professor von Joy (also known as Baron von Joy) is a fictional character in the GoBots series introduced in 1984. He is a heroic Guardian GoBot scientist introduced in 1984 who turns into a Porsche 930T.
In some books he is depicted as a Renegade GoBot and also being gigantic.
Baron von Joy was voted the 10th top 1980's robot toy by Retro Junk.
Baron von Joy was named among the "5 GoBots That NEED to be in the Proposed GoBots Movie" by Kevin Hellions at underscoopfire.com.
- Baron von Joy review on YouTube by damnyouhussies
- Baron von Joy review on YouTube by reztoc
- Baron von Joy review on YouTube by likeits1985
A distant relative to Royal-T, the fun loving baron was hired by the royal family to secretly protect their son from harm.
Professor von Joy appeared in episode 13, "Nova Beam."
In episode 15, "It's the Thought that Counts" Cy-Kill, Cop-Tur, Crasher, Geeper-Creeper, Pincher, and Snoop attack a lab, but it is defended by Leader-1, Professor von Joy, Blaster, Dozer, Dumper, Road Ranger, Scooter, Scratch and Turbo. Although the Guardians win the battle, an accidental backfire from Professor von Joy's weapon allows the Renegades to escape.
In the episode 34 "Scooter Enhanced" Scooter and Small Foot join Nick and A.J. to watch a car stunt show which is attacked by Crasher, BuggyMan and Fly Trap. Small Foot fights Buggyman and defeats him, but the Renegades gain the upper hand. The Guardians are rescued by Leader-1 and Turbo who arrive in Power Suits. Cy-Kill vows to gain Power Suits for the Renegades. Scooter decides he needs more firepower, so he has Professor von Joy remove his damaged holo projector in favor of a blaster unit. Screw Head, Bad Boy and Cop-Tur are sent to attack Unecom bases and distract the Guardians while Cy-Kill, Crasher and Scorp attempt to take the suits from the Guardian Command Center. Small Foot and Scooter are able to delay the Renegades until Leader-1 and Turbo return to chase away the Renegades. Realizing he was a better Guardian with his holo projector, Scooter has it reinstalled.
Professor von Joy appeared in episode 62, "The Secret of Halley's Comet."
Professor von Joy was featured in the 2016 Ask Vector Prime story Echoes and Fragments, set during the events of The Transformers: The Movie. The manipulations of the evil Gong and Sideways resulted in various GoBots swapping places with characters during the events of that film. Professor von Joy took the place of Wheeljack in the plot. He was killed at the battle for Guardian City.
Baron von Joy appeared in the TFcon 2013 comic story "Lost World, Lost Mind" where he assisted Rest-Q in performing neural scans on Roswell. He is also seen in a flashback operating the new modifier on Roswell and Van Guardian with the help of Bug Chomp and Staks.
- Tonka Super GoBots 025 Baron von Joy (1984)
- A release of Machine Robo MRDX-07 Porsche 930 Turbo.
- A super GoBot toy that becomes a 1:37 scale car. Baron von Joy came with a gun that could be mounted on his head on held in a hand.
- Marrs, Wanda and Texe (1985). The Great Robot Book. Little Simon. pp. 69–71. ISBN 978-0671602437.
- "It's The Thought That Counts". Challenge of the GoBots. First-run syndication. No. 6, season 1.
- "Scooter Enhanced". Written by Jeff Segal, Kelly Ward and Mark Young. Challenge of the GoBots. First-run syndication. October 9th, 1984. No. 24, season 1.
- Jim Sorenson (w). "Echoes and Fragments" Ask Vector Prime (February 10th, 2016), Fun Publications
- "The GoVine Incident". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. September 23rd, 1986/October 17th, 2015. No. 16, season 1.
- "Mirror Menace". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. October 2nd, 1986/November 17th, 2015. No. 21, season 1.
- "The RoGuns of Mars". Written by Jim Sorenson. Transformers: Renegade Rhetoric. October 15th, 1986/October 20th, 2015. No. 31, season 1.
- Daniel Arseneault ] (w), Nathan Jackson (p), Nathan Jackson (i), Arthur Kobalewscuy (col), Arthur Kobalewscuy (let), Colin Douglas (ed). "Lost World, Lost Mind" TFcon (July 26th, 2013), TFcon