Transformers: Dawn of the Predacus
In the last days of the Great War, Blades reports to Ironhide, Prowl and Silverbolt that Optimus Prime has died.
Decepticon generals Cicadacon, Ramhorn and Sea Clamp continue their experiments with transmatter and protoform technology when Tarantulas reports to them that Galvatron is dead. The commander of Decepticon Attack Squad 3 radios the generals that Galvatron and Optimus Prime have died and that the Decepticons have the advantage, but the generals order the commander to withdraw and await instructions. The commander agrees, but then orders his troops on anyways. The Decepticon generals realize their experiments in protoform technology have worked and they need as many Autobots and Decepticon alive to use it, so they order a cease fire.
The Autobot High Council meets at Nova Plenum where Prowl suggests that without an appointed successor for Optimus Prime they instead lead as a Primal Council. They decide to press the advantage of Galvatron's death to attempt get the Decepticons to surrender. The only surviving member of Autobot Unit-3 reports back that his unit, including Perceptor, are dead. Big Convoy, Lio Convoy and Tigatron are sent on missions while the survivor of Unit-3 is recruited to fill Perceptor's shoes in the Council's contingency plan. From the Unit-3 survivor the Council learn Perceptor found evidence of transwarp reactions. The Axalon with Optimus Primal, Ratrap and Rhinox is sent to do an orbital scan for the transwarp reactions.
At the site of the Omega Spaceport the Decepticon commander is told that Autobots approach. When Tigatron offers the Decepticons a peaceful solution to their conflict the commander declares himself "Megatron" and orders his Decepticons to attack. Predaking makes short work most of the Autobots, although Airazor is able to fend off attacks from Terrorsaur and Waspinator, resulting in the later being stepped on by the combiner. Megatron orders most of his troops to continue on to Nova Plenum while Predaking finishes the Autobots. Despite wanting to stay in combat with Airazor, she convinces Tigatron to leave the battle and return to the Council because they need him.
Inside Unicron's head the Decepticon generals learn they have been discovered by the Axalon. Megatron and his Decepticons push the attack on Nova Plenum. Ironhide takes on this Megatron in combat. The Decepticon generals eject a transmatter wave at Cybertron, but it is partly deflected by the Axalon's shields.
At Nova Plenum Tigatron returns and together with Ironhide, Prowl, Silverbolt and the Unit-3 survivor is able to form Magnaboss to fight of Megatron's Decepticons. As the transmatter rains on Cybertron the Decepticon generals arrive and runs Predaking through with his own sword... hoping word of his death will help bring peace to Cybertron so the generals have time to finish their plans to turn everyone into protoforms. As numerous Autobots and Decepticons all over Cybertron, including Inferno, are turned into protoforms Tarantulas reports to Megatron that Predaking is dead. Even with this news Megatron refuses to surrender. Ravage secretly shoots Megatron, rendering him unconscious. Cicadacon delivers the surrender of the Decepticons to the Autobot Council.
The Autobots and Decepticons sign a peace agreement, taking on new names and new allegiances while those turned into protoforms (including Airazor, Grimlock and Inferno) are placed in stasis pods in hopes that they can be restored one day. Megatron faces justice and downgrading for failing to follow orders. Cicadacon continues his experiments in protoforming and the design of Magmatron.
|Silverbolt||Decepticon Experiment #1|
|Ironhide||Decepticon Experiment #2|
|Magnaboss||Magmatron (design only)|
- According to information released by the author this story is set in the year 2035 (30 years after the Battle for Autobot City, in Transformers: The Movie), and the events leading up to the Beast Wars start in the year 2335.
- This story was intended to bridge the gap between the end of the animated Transformers series and the Dawns of Futures Past story from BotCon 2006. With there still being 300 years before the Beast Wars prelude starts, any seeming inconsistencies in the forms or status of characters is presumed to be part of the untold stories set in that period.
- Many characters in this story go unnamed, but are identified by appearance.
- Tarantulas, Tigatron and Waspinator are mentioned by name, establishing that they had those names before their Beast Wars forms as a tarantula, tiger and wasp, respectively. In all previously published pre-Beast Wars stories their names were not mentioned. It is likely that Tarantulas and Waspinator chose their beast alternate forms on purpose, but Tigatron's beast mode was scanned from a random passing animal after his crash, who just happened to be a white tiger.
- Before announcing his name as Megatron, the Decepticon commander is seen reading from a book that is presumably the Covenant of Primus.
- Dinobot is seen standing over the stasis pod of Grimlock at the end of the story, implying where he took his name from.
- Blackarachnia's Maximal form is named White Proponica in the BotCon 2016 script reading.
- This is the first appearance of a Generation 1 incarnation of Terradive. His appearance is based on the toy from the 2010 live action Transformers movie toy line.
- According to the author the 4th unnamed member of the Axalon crew was originally going to be Cheetor, but they realized Cheetor didn't join the crew until later, so they changed him into a generic character.
- The unnamed survivor of Autobot Unit-3 is based on the McDonald's Beast Wars toy, Under-3.
- The true identities of Cicadacon and Sea Clamp are hidden, but the biographies included with the toys hint they MAY actually be Shockwave and Soundwave, respectively, both having recently recovered their memories of past lives before they were Decepticons.
- Several Transformers do not appear in the story, but are mentioned, including Galvatron, Jetfire, Optimus Prime, Perceptor, Springer, Sunstreaker and Swoop. Prowl also mentioned "Fortress-" before being cut off, implying Fortress Maximus. A stasis pod labeled Grimlock is seen after the end of the war.
- Ironhide, Prowl and Silverbolt are depicted in their Combiner Wars forms, although Ironhide has a windshield on his chest and Prowl has door-wings, as seen on their animation models, but not their Combiner Wars toys.
- Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox and Waspinator are depicted in their BotCon 2006 exclusive toy forms, but Dinobot is not in the form of his BotCon 2006 toy yet. Scorponok is depicted in his Transformers Subscription Service exclusive toy form, which had not been released yet at the time this comic was released.
- The two Decepticon ships docked inside Unicron's head resemble the Darkside and Ravage's experiential transwarp cruiser, seen in the Beast Wars.
- Tigatron is in charge of Autobot Unit-2, a nod to his appearance in Dawns of Futures Past where he was refereed to as Unit-2.
- The biography for the the BotCon 2006 Buzzsaw and BotCon 2009 Razorclaw would indicate that Divebomb and Razorclaw survive the events of this story despite Tarantulas's claim of Predaking's death.
- John-Paul Bove (w), Corin Howell (a). Transformers: Dawn of the Predacus (March 2016), IDW Publishing
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.