Antron is a fictional character in the Micronauts series. He is an evil alien humanoid ant introduced in 1979.
Antrons are evil humanoid ant aliens in the Micronauts series.
Antron was released by Mego in 1979.
Advertisements for Micronauts referred to Antron and Membros as androids, although the word seems to be used to mean cyborg.
The package for Ampzilla mentions that Antron or Membros can fit inside Ampzilla.
Antron was designed by California R&D for Mego. Early concept sketches were had an orange body, purple arms and blue legs. The figure was depicted with a gun similar to the one eventually released with Repto and shield similar to those eventually released with Centaurus.
Antron was released as part of the 4th wave of Mego Micronauts in 1979. Versions of this toy were also released by Gig and Lion Rock.
According to Bryan Wilkinson on Facebook, when Palisades Toys was first planning on Micronauts toys to release they had hoped to release Antron in black, purple, clear and clear green. This toy was never released by Palisades Toys.
Concept art for a new version of Antron was done by Dave Waugh as part of Palisades wave 3, although the figure was never produced.
Concept art for a new version of Antron was done by Will Jones as part of Palisades wave 3, although the figure was never produced.
In 2017 Hasbro released a SDCC exclusive Revolution box set which included a Micronauts character named Xant, who resembled an Antron.
The Six Limbed Invader from the Faraway Galaxy of Thoraxid.
In 2019 Hasbro teased an upcoming Micronauts animated series. Characters included Acroyear, Biotron, Oberon, Quin-Tillis the Time Traveler, Space Glider, Xant the Antron. The characters are a radical redesign of the originals.
1979 Marvel Comics
Psycho-Man had "android" Antrons working for him.
Antron and Repto of the Death Squad were seen in a flashback in issue 42.
When Marvel lost the license to Micronauts it included losing the rights to the Antrons, and they have not appeared again the Marvel Universe.
2002 Image Comics
A group of bounty hunters including Antron, Centaurus, Kronos, Lobros, Membros and Repto briefly fought Micronauts when they arrived in Chicago during Baron Karza's invasion in Micronauts volume 1 number 8 by Image Comics.
2016 IDW Publishing
An Antron with a chainsaw hand attempted to kill Baron Karza, but failed.
An Antron was a member of the crew of Membros' ship. He fought Acroyear, who cut off his arm.
Antron and Lobros appeared in Rom and the Micronauts 3 as minions of Membros.
2018 Micronauts Protectors of Inner Space
Several Antrons are among the cast in the 2018 art series Micronauts Protectors of Inner Space by Brian Vox. The cover of issue 9 depicted Space Glider fighting some Antrons.
Antron appeared in a 1979 toy commercial along with the other 5 Micronauts alien action figures. He was described as having four arms.
- Mego Micronauts Antron (1979)
- A new mold by Mego. This 1:18 scale figure comes with four cuffs, four weapons and removable glow-in-the-dark brain.
- This figure was remolded into Lords of Light Toriac.
- The blaster on Antron was recolored for Emperor Dementia. It was also seen on the prototype for Aloros.
- Gig Micronauti Antron
- Sold in Italy by Gig, this toy was nearly identical to the Mego version.
- Lion Rock Micronauts Antron
- This version of Antron came with only his brain and a Time Traveler seat adapter peg. It is missing the weapons and cuffs.
- Hasbro Revolution (2017)
- A box set of figures appearing in the Hasbro stories by IDW Publishing comics.
- Includes tiny figurines of classic characters of Acroyear, Baron Karza and Biotron. There is an Antron called Xant, a female Space Glider named Phenelo-Phi, a Time Traveler named Quin-Tillus and new characters using the classic Micronauts names Oberon, Betatron and Gammatron.
- A SDCC 2017 exclusive.
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.