Repto is a fictional character in the Micronauts series. He is an evil alien flying reptile humanoid introduced in 1979.
Repto are evil winged reptiles in the Micronauts series. They usually appear to be green humanoid with long head and tail with red wings. Although Repto toys have been produced in other colors, they have only appeared in the original green/red colors in fiction. Reptos often use lasersaws, blasters or a mace as weapons, as well as having clawed hands.
Repto was designed by California R&D for Mego. Concept art depicted him in green and did not include wings. Instead of a lasersaw he carried a shield. His head was to have a removable cover that revealed the brain.
Early prototype figures were produced both green and black variants. The green version had a blaster for one hand and a ring from the vehicle for President Acroyear with a missile from Acroyear II on the other.
Repto was released as part of the 4th wave of Mego Micronauts in 1979. Versions of this toy were also released by Gig and Lion Rock.
The hands for the Palisades release of Repto were designed by Dave Waugh.
Repto was released as by Palisades in 2003 for four color variants.
According to developer Bryan C. Wilkinson the translucent purple Palisades Repto was to have glow-in-the-dark yellow parts, but they ended up normal yellow plastic. There were two unproduced color variants intended to be exclusive. One was two shades of green, while the other was red with translucent green wings. 
In January 2015 Machinema announced they had completed script writing for the Transformers: Combiner Wars series together with some behind-the-scenes photos, which showed several Palisades Reptro toys in their collection.
Half Man Half Reptile From the Distant Planet of Sauria.
Reptos have been a stock villain in Micronauts fiction over the years.
In "...the Harder They Fall!" a Repto working for Psycho-Man killed Jasmine.
- Mego Micronauts Repto (1979)
- A new mold by Mego. This 1:18 scale figure comes with two cuffs, removable brain, lasersaw and blaster. Variants of the brain came in orange or grey color.
- Parts of Repto were later used for Chromantron and the Lords of Light toys Topen and Toriac.
- Gig Micronauts Repto
- Sold in Italy by Gig, this toy was nearly identical to the Mego version.
- Lion Rock Micronauts Repto
- This version of Repto came with his brain and a Time Traveler seat adapter peg that couldn't be used much because of his tail.
- He did not come with cuffs, lasersaw, blaster or wings.
- Palisades Micronauts Repto (2003)
- A recolor of the Mego toy with an added pair of hands and a stand.
- This toy came in several color variations: Green/red, light blue/dark blue, translucent purple/yellow and translucent/black. Each produced in equal numbers.
- Several parts for Repto exist on Shapeways.
- Hands, 3mm Grip
- Hands, 5mm Grip
- Hands, Various
- Hands, Cuffless
- Hand, Death Squad
- Stand, 3 Pack
- Weapons, New (Lucky Charms)
- Weapons, New (Triumveron)
- Wings, New (Dragon)
- Wings, Galactic Mutant
- Miniature Repto
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.