Biotron is a heroic robot member of the Micronauts. He can turn into a tank (and sometimes his legs become additional vehicles). He can fly, has superhuman strength, can stretch his limbs and fires energy blasts.
Biotron was released by Mego in 1976.
ATR Hobby released Roboid, a 3 3/4 inch tall figure inspired by Biotron.
In 2018 several parts for Biotron were released on Shapeways by Mathew Robert Ignash.
1979 Marvel Comics
Biotron was one of the main cast in the Micronauts series by Marvel Comics. Biotron is a robot from the planet Homeworld. He has a telepathic link Commander Arcturus Rann.
Commander Rann's roboid copilot during his 1,000 year sojourn through the Microverse, Biotron served as Rann's telepathic eyes and ears while his physical body was kept in stasis. Biotron continued to serve as Rann's copilot aboard the HMS Endeavor in their war against Baron Karza. Biotron was an unflappable foil for Commander Rann. Biotron's model series had long since become obsolete and, of course, he took this in stride with his trademark dry, erudite wit. Tragically, Biotron was the first major casualty among the Micronauts in the Karza War, killed in issue 27
Biotron was somewhat reborn as the Micronaut's second ship, the Bioship, in issue 46. This Bioship's personality was based on Microtron, Nanotron, and Commander Rann's memories of the original Biotron.
A second Biotron was later created in issue 58 to accompany the Micronauts on their new voyages, though it had none of the original's personality or memories.
When Marvel lost the license to Micronauts it included losing the rights to Biotron, and he has not appeared again the Marvel Universe. A new character named Photon appeared as a member of the Ant-Men.
2002 Image Comics
Biotron appeared as a regular character in the 2008 Image Comics reboot of the Micronauts. In this series he is depicted as a large and powerful cyborg created by Baron Karza who turned against his creator.
2004 Devil's Due Publishing
The Devil's Due Publishing Micronauts stories continued those from Image Comics with Biotron continuing as a regular character.
2016 IDW Publishing
Biotron was constructed at a Yomi Factory on Micropolis-10 for use by the Ministry of Science. After his pilot died, he was left in a storeroom on Valtricos Research Station, dormant but still activate. He was still able to monitor the Ministries activities, including the destruction of Biotrons on Saqqura by the Entropy Cloud.
2018 Micronauts Protectors of Inner Space
- Mego Micronauts Biotron (1976)
- A 1:18 scale robot toy by Mego Corp. Based on the Takara Microman Robotman toy.
- Came with 2 white wheels and a set of green adapters for alternate modes.
- A recolored Biotron toy with a new head was used to make Phobos.
- Airfix Micronauts Biotron (1978)
- A released of Biotron by Airfix.
- Hasbro Revolution (2017)
- A box set of figures appearing in the Hasbro stories by IDW Publishing comics.
- Includes tiny figurines of classic characters of Acroyear, Baron Karza and Biotron. There is an Antron called Xant, a female Space Glider named Phenelo-Phi, a Time Traveler named Quin-Tillus and new characters using the classic Micronauts names Oberon, Betatron and Gammatron.
- Biotron inspired the Microborgs character Bioguy and Biomaster.
- Biotron by marvel.wikia.com
- Biotron commercial on YouTube
- Biotron commercial on YouTube
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.