Space Glider was a character in the Micronauts series. The depiction of Space Glider has varied vastly from one fictional setting to another.
Acroyear, Galactic Warrior, Space Glider and Time Traveler appeared in a 1976 Mego commercial together.
Concept art for a new version of Space Glider was done by Dave Waugh as part pf Palisades wave 3, although the figure was never produced.
1979 Marvel Comics
Space Glider, Commander Arcturus Rann, is the main hero in the Marvel Comics Micronauts series. One thousand years ago, Commander Arcturus Rann set out from Homeworld with his roboid co-pilot Biotron on a voyage to explore the Microverse.
In the Marvel Comics series Space Glider was often depicted looking more like the blue Galactic Warrior toy, but using the helmet and wings from Space Glider. While Mego retained the rights to thr Micronauts character Space Glider, Marvel owns the character of Arcturus Rann. Rann continued to appear in Marvel Comics stories after the Micronauts series ended.
2003 Image Comics
In the 2003 Image Comics Micronauts series Space Glider is a human named Ryan Archer.
Ryan Archer is an Earthman who ended up trapped in the Microverse and was held prisoner by Baron Karza. He was eventually freed by a band of rebels called The Micronauts and became their leader, he also became the lover of Baron Karza's daughter, Princess Persephone.
2016 IDW Publishing
In the IDW Publishing series Space Glider is depicted as looking radically different from the toy. Space Glider is female named Phenolo-Phi, with a new wing design and a tail.
2018 Micronauts Protectors of Inner Space
Space Glider was among the cast in the 2018 art series Micronauts Protectors of Inner Space by Brian Vox. The blue Space Glider appears on the cover of issue 1-3, Annual 1, 15, 19 and 21.
- Mego Micronauts Space Glider (1976)
- A recolor of the Microman Super Steel M210x figure.
- Comes with a helmet and wing pack.
- This figure was released in 3 color variants: Blue, green and gold.
- Palisades Micronauts Space Glider (2002)
- In addition to the helmet and wing pack, comes with a rifle and stand.
- Comes in several color variants.
- Hasbro Revolution (2017)
- A box set of figures appearing in the Hasbro stories by IDW Publishing comics.
- Includes tiny figurines of classic characters of Acroyear, Baron Karza and Biotron. There is an Antron called Xant, a female Space Glider named Phenelo-Phi, a Time Traveler named Quin-Tillus and new characters using the classic Micronauts names Oberon, Betatron and Gammatron.
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.