Van Guardian is a third-party Transformer, well technically a third-party GoBot... and homage to the Guardian GoBot Van Guard.
According to his tech specs Van Guardian is incredibly brave and skilled. He is also very smart.
The biography for Van Guardian was written by Daniel "Protoman" Arseneault. He watched almost every Challenge of the GoBots episode in preparation to create this character.
The profile for Van Guardian was posted to the TFcon web site in April 2013.
Van Guardian was released at TFcon 2013.
The WTF@TFW podcast for May 3rd, 2013 covered information about Roswell and Van Guardian in the news.
Profile: Graduating top of his class from the Heroic Gobit Academy, VAN GUARDIAN was immediately assigned to important security duty on his home world. When the war broke out and BIKEMURDER raided GOBITRON, VAN GUARDIAN and his team were captured only to be rescued by CAPTAIN-1 and his crew. Impressed with how long he was able to hold up against almost impossible odds, CAPTAIN-1 recruited VAN GUARDIAN for his Earth team as the Gobit war continued to rage on the other side of the galaxy. Opting for the new generation modifier design his new body is now ready for whatever battle may come his way. Many younger Gobits and academy students look up to him. Smart, tactical and courageous, VAN GUARDIAN is one talented bot.
Abilities: Robot mode flight and high powered laser blasts from his fists which are standard with almost all Gobits. With his new body, he now has an optional high impact battle mask and SHOCK GUN for when he needs to protect his fellow Gobits. He also possesses a unique ability to detect close by enemy scanner devices keeping him always a step ahead of the enemy.Weaknesses: If VAN GUARDIAN has one fault it is that he is very arrogant. He sometimes thinks the battle is won way before the final shot is fired and that tends to get him in some serious situations. Being revered by so many Gobitronians has gone to his head.
Van Guardian appeared in the TFcon 2013 live script reading Grab and Go.
- iGear Van Guardian (2013)
- A recolor of Hench. Turns from robot to truck. Comes with a shock gun accessory.
- Limited to 500 pieces.
- This toy was used as the base for the TFcon 2015 customizing class Grit figure.
- Reprolabels Gobits (2013)
- A set of labels for iGear's Roswell and Van Guardian.
- Brian Kilby (April 24th, 2013). "Radio Free Cybertron". http://www.tfradio.net/ (Podcast). TFW2005. http://www.tfradio.net/podcast/2013/4/28/radio-free-cybertron-308.html.
- Vangelus (April 26th, 2013). "WTF@TFW". http://www.tfw2005.com/ (Podcast). TFW2005. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/wtf-tfw-transformers-podcast/885612-wtf-tfw-249-april-26-2013-a.html.
- Vangelus (May 3rd, 2013). "WTF@TFW". http://www.tfw2005.com/ (Podcast). TFW2005. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/wtf-tfw-transformers-podcast/889685-wtf-tfw-250-may-3-2013-a.html.
- Craig (July 6th, 2013). "Cybercast". https://www.youtube.com/user/G1Hexatron?feature=watch (Podcast). Josh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI_PuJjPTAM.