Time Traveler (Micronauts)
- 1 Micronauts
- 2 References
- 3 External links
Time Traveler is a heroic character in the Micronauts series.
Time Traveler was based on the Takara Microman M10x figures. He was released in translucent colors by Mego in 1976. Time Traveler was also released by Airfix, Gig and Grand Toys.
A random Time Traveler was packed as a "Micronaut Figure" driver with the Crater Cruncher, Photon Sled, Ultronic Scooter and Warp Racer. One also came with the exclusive blue recolor of the Galactic Cruiser.
In 1979 Mego released Time Travelers in solid colors.
In 2002 Palisades released a Time Traveler figure in 4 different retail variants and 2 exclusive variants.
In 2016 Hasbro released a Time Traveler named Quin-Tillus as part of their SDCC Hasbro Revolustion box set.
First of the Micronauts, Time Traveler was released in 1976 and has shined in the eyes of countless collectors around the world. But who are these many colored beings that populate the Microverse and reach into the new millennium? Are they beings of light and energy, or space warriors from a world of technology and mechanical perfection? They could be these, and much more!
Time Travelers appeared in two segments of Robot Chicken.
In 2019 Hasbro teased an upcoming Micronauts animated series. Characters included Acroyear, Biotron, Oberon, Quin-Tillis the Time Traveler, Space Glider, Xant the Antron. The characters are a radical redesign of the originals.
Time Traveler has appeared several times in comic form from different writers.
1979 Marvel Comics
Time Traveler was a reoccurring character in the Marvel Comics Micronauts series. They are manifestations of the Enigma Force in the Microverse.
In issue 3, "Death-Duel at Daytona Beach!", a Time Traveler helps the Micronauts to find a tracking device hidden in their spacecraft by Baron Karza.
In issue 11 a Time Traveler defeated Baron Karza.
2002 Image Comics
Time Traveler appeared in the Micronauts series by Image Comics.
2016 IDW Publishing
When a Pharoid temple was occupied by militants, Baron Karza and Red Falcon led a battalion of Acroyears on a rescue mission. At the battle's conclusion, Karza received a cryptic warning from one of the dying militants, before discovering Red Falcon inside the heart of the temple, communing with five Time Travelers. The Emperor's son returned home with claims that the Travelers, part of a Pharoid sect said to have transcended time itself, had shown him the future, and that by seeking their counsel he alone could guide the empire on the right path.
After flying into the Cloud, the Micronauts were attacked by Reptos, a race of beings previously thought destroyed by the cloud. Seeing that the Reptos survived, Oz was excited to return home with the news that Microspace wasn't doomed. With the Reptos destroy tearing up the Heliopolis, Oz told Microtron to destroy the ship if he had to, something which proved unnecessary after the crew was saved by the mysterious Time Traveler.
2018 Micronauts Protectors of Inner Space
Time Travelers are among the cast in the 2018 art series Micronauts Protectors of Inner Space by Brian Vox. The Time Travelers appear in blue, green, red and yellow colors. In addition to toy-accurate male Travelers there are females. Time Travelers appear on the cover of issues 19, 24 and annual 2.
- Mego Micronauts Time Traveler (1976)
- A recolor of the 1:18 scale Takara Microman M10x series of figures.
- Released in clear, as well as translucent blue, orange and yellow. Comes with one of 4 random chest plates and a 5mm back connector.
- This toy was recolored into the Inter-Changables Cosmo-Man.
- Airfix Micronauts Time Traveler (1978)
- Gig Micronauti Viaggiatore Del Tempo
- A release of Time Traveler in Italy by Gig.
- Grand Toys Micronauts Time Traveler
- A release of the Mego toy in Canada in English/French packaging by Grand Toys.
- Mego Micronauts Time Traveler (1979)
- This re-release of the Time Traveler came in opaque blue, green, red and yellow.
- Palisades Micronauts Time Traveler (2002)
- Released in 4 different color combinations: Black, translucent blue, clear and red. Comes with 6 different chest pieces, back peg and a stand.
- Palisades Micronauts Dynamic Forces Time Traveler (2002)
- Released in black with glow in the dark accessories.
- Limited to 2000 pieces.
- Palisades Micronauts Lee's Action Figure News and Toy Review Time Traveler (2002)
- Released in all black.
- Hasbro Revolution (2017)
- A box set of figures appearing in the Hasbro stories by IDW Publishing comics.
- Includes tiny figurines of classic characters of Acroyear, Baron Karza and Biotron. There is an Antron called Xant, a female Space Glider named Phenelo-Phi, a Time Traveler named Quin-Tillus and new characters using the classic Micronauts names Oberon, Betatron and Gammatron.
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.