Galactic Warrior was a character in the Micronauts series. The depiction of Galactic Warrior has varied vastly from one fictional setting to another.
Acroyear, Galactic Warrior, Space Glider and Time Traveler appeared in a 1976 Mego commercial together.
According to Bryan Wilkinson on Facebook, when Palisades Toys was first planning on Micronauts toys to release they had hoped to release Galactic Warrior in blue, green, red and gold. This release would possibly be done in plastic. This toy was never released by Palisades Toys.
Derryl DePriest said at SDCC 2016 that the Micronauts Classic Collection toys were created using a combination of the 1970's molds recovered by Takara and various Microman parts.
Concept art for a new version of Galactic Warrior was done by Dave Waugh as part pf Palisades wave 3, although the figure was never produced.
Master thief of the Insectivorid race! Feisty and fearless, he's a galactic warrior at home with any manner of weapon!
1979 Marvel Comics
In the Marvel Comics Micronauts series Galactic Warrior was more commonly known as Bug. Instead of using the gun that comes with the to he carries a rocket lance and occasionally uses a telepathically controlled glider pack. His body design actually more closely resembles the green Space Glider toy with insect features added.
Bug is a master thief from the Insectivorid homeworld Kaliklak based in the Microverse. Bug was a jokester and rogue by nature but always a professional when it came down to the job. He and Acroyear shared a unique friendship as the two were diametrical in personality. Bug's friendship with Acroyear may have been responsible for Acroyear's decision to question the sometimes overly cold warrior ethic that ruled his people.
Bug was affectionately called "my Galactic Warrior" by a girl who loved him (Treefern) in issue 56.
When Marvel lost the license to Micronauts it included losing the rights to Galactic Warrior, but retained the individual character Bug, who has appeared several times in the Marvel Universe.
2018 Micronauts Protectors of Inner Space
Galactic Warriors are among the cast in the 2018 art series Micronauts Protectors of Inner Space by Brian Vox.
A green Galactic Warrior named Kha is one of the main heroes of the series. He is described as a "bad boy". Along with his standard Hand Bazooka weapon, Kha utilizes a GX-17 mid sized weapon and a prototype sidearm (design inspired by the blasters from Battlestar Galactica).
Issue 8 features a story centering on Kha and his showdown with Radon.
Kha appears on the covers of issue 1-3, 5, 8, 23 and 25.
Blue and red Galactic Warriors appear on the cover of Annual 1 along with Kha.
- Mego Micronauts Galactic Warrior (1976)
- A remold and recolor of a Microman toy. The missile was remolded from a small pointed plastic missile into large rubber tipped design.
- Available in red, blue and green. Came with chest piece, 2-pack gun and missile. Each version came with a different chest piece.
- Hasbro Micronauts Classic Collection (2016)
- A SDCC 2016 exclusive box set containing a green plastic Galactic Warrior, a grey Orbital Defender (formerly called the Galactic Defender) and blue Pharoid with two winglets and Time Chamber.
- The Time Chamber featured the original Japanese writing.
- Features art by Ken Kelly. The box art for Pharoid features him wearing the larger wings from the Palisades version of Pharoid which were not part of this set.
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.