His debut film was a short film, Nga Gawi Bum which he directed in college days.
After graduating from College, Yeshi preferred to start his own business. Initially he faced difficulties, but somehow managed to get a loan from private lender, Loden Foundation. He bought equipment using the loan and set up a small office.
In 2017, Yeshi's production, La Nye Ngam, became a hit which helped him to scale up the business.
In May 2021, his YouTube channel received a Silver Play Button.
- Newspaper, Bhutan's Daily. "From Ngesem Ngesem to Yeewongma: A revolution knocking at the door". https://kuenselonline.com/from-ngesem-ngesem-to-yeewongma-a-revolution-knocking-at-the-door/.
- Bhuyan, Avantika (August 25, 2016). "Of Bike Riders & Book Lovers: Bhutan’s Lit Fest Charms Each Year". https://www.thequint.com/lifestyle/books/bhutan-literary-festival-mountain-echoes-bike-ride-kelly-dorji-amitav-ghosh-the-great-derangement-climate-change.
- "Yeshi Lhendup Films-Making a living doing what he loves". September 25, 2019. https://web.archive.org/web/20210129200453/http://www.bbs.bt/news/?p=121684.
- "Yeshi Lhendup Films as one of the much-sought out film making brand". June 25, 2019. https://www.discoverbhutanese.com/yeshi-lhendup-films/.
- "Celebrating Bhutan's Entrepreneurs: Yeshi Lhendup of Yeshi Lhendup Films". http://www.dailybhutan.com/article/celebrating-bhutans-entrepreneurs-yeshi-lhendup-of-yeshi-lhendup-films.
- "Yeshi Lhendup Films receives the Silver Creator Award or Play Button from YouTube - BBS | BBS". May 23, 2021. https://web.archive.org/web/20210523183728/http://www.bbs.bt/news/?p=148846.