Boosticus Enhancement Kit
The Boosticus Enhancement Kit is a set of third-party Transformer accessories for the Generations Combaticon molds, intended to fix several perceived flaws in the toy. It offers new hands, feet, a chest shield and cannons for the combined robot mode. In vehicle mode the extra parts combine to form a trailer. It comes in a variety of colors for the different releases of the Combaticons.
The Boosticus Enhancement Kit was developed by customizer EchoTransformer (EchoTF). His early designs were done in Lego bricks, and eventually prototyped in Shapeways.
In January 2013, a survey was done on TFW2005 asking if people wanted to purchase the kit from Shapeways or get it produced from a third-party Transformer company.
In September 2013 prototype images of the Boosticus Enhancement Kit were released online.
The black version of Boosticus was released in December 2013.
The retail color version of Boosticus was released in January 2014.
The SDCC/Platinum version of Boosticus was released in March 2014.
Having survived many battles in his early form, the need to switch limbs was no longer necessary. Instead, increased stability, grip strength, and torso shields were forged. With additional firepower from his massive back cannons and flamethrower, and even a new trailer transport for his crew, he started to become known by his foes as Boosticus. As individuals the are strong, but combined they are invincible, Boosticus plays at the top levels of his game... he will not fall during the battle of his planet... he will dominate and win!
- X-Transbots BEK-01DK Boosticus Enhancement Kit (2013)
- Black version, unpainted. A Christmas 2013 special. Limited to 300 pieces. Ships in packaging designed for the retail version of Boosticus with an added sticker on the front.
- X-Transbots BEK-01R Boosticus Enhancement Kit (2014)
- Retail color Bruticus version.
- X-Transbots BEK-01G2 Boosticus Enhancement Kit (unreleased)
- Generation 2 color Bruticus version.
- X-Transbots BEK-01SP Boosticus Enhancement Kit (2014)
- San Diego Comic Con and Platinum Bruticus version.
- X-Transbots BEK-01TK Boosticus Enhancement Kit (unreleased)
- Takara Bruticus version.
- blunghole (July 29th, 2013). "Good Morning, Cybertron!". https://www.facebook.com/pages/Good-Morning-Cybertron/147383341975239 (Podcast). blunghole. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrgYVV0J1qw.
- Mathew Ignash (September 21st, 2013). "Retro Robot Radio". http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroRobotRadio?feature=watch (Podcast). Mathew Ignash. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4a5YK1M4oE.
- Charles Shelton (December 9th, 2013). "TransMissions". http://www.transmissionspodcast.com/ (Podcast). TransMissions. http://www.transmissionspodcast.com/2013/12/transmissions-episode-18/.
- Josh (January 4th, 2014). "Cybercast". https://www.youtube.com/user/G1Hexatron?feature=watch (Podcast). Josh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J838undjpZc.
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.