Susan Bergman was an American writer, and professor literature. Bergman, who died of brain cancer, at 48, in 2006, wrote an account of learning her father had lived a double-life, as a gay man, when he died of AIDS in 1983.
- Alex Witchel (2009-07-31). "Anne Heche Is Playing It Normal Now". The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/02/magazine/02heche-t.html. Retrieved 2021-07-21. "Heche had four siblings. The eldest, Susan, also wrote a memoir about growing up with a closeted gay father, “Anonymity,” published in 1994 under her married name, Susan Bergman."
- Barbara Sherlock (2006-01-02). "Susan Bergman". Chicago Tribune. https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2006-01-02-0601020093-story.html. Retrieved 2021-07-21. "Mrs. Bergman also was an editor of the anthology "Martyrs: Contemporary Writers on Modern Lives of Faith," a contributing writer to the collection "Tremor of Bliss: Contemporary Writers on the Saints" and a contributing editor to many magazines and literary publications including Books and Culture and North American Review."
- Willow Green (2000-09-21). "Anne Heche Turns Author: Actress to write autobiography at 31". Empire magazine. https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/anne-heche-turns-author/. Retrieved 2021-07-21. "Her sister, Susan Bergman, has already written a book, Anonymity, which chronicles their father's secret life and their troubled childhood."
- "Susan Bergman, 48; Wrote of Her Father’s Secret Life as a Gay Man". Los Angeles Times. 2006-01-04. https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2006-jan-04-me-passings4.1-story.html. Retrieved 2021-07-21. "'Anonymity,' which she began as her doctoral dissertation, reflected on her past after learning in 1983 that her dying father, Don Heche, had a secret life as a gay man."
- "Jud Bergman Dead: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know". Heavy magazine. 2019-10-04. https://heavy.com/news/2019/10/jud-bergman-dead/. Retrieved 2021-07-21. "Susan Bergman was the older sister of actress Anne Heche. At the time of her death, Heche was estranged from her sister."