Shafiq bin Laden
|The below content is licensed according to Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License contrary to the public domain logo at the foot of the page. It originally appeared on http://en.wikipedia.org. The original article might still be accessible here. You may be able to find a list of the article's previous contributors on the talk page.|
An investor, Shafig bin Laden (شفيق بن لادن) is a half-brother to Osama bin Laden, and was in attendance at the Carlyle Group's Washington, DC conference at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel on September 11, 2001, which George H. W. Bush also attended.
- Eric Alterman, Mark J. Green (2004). The Book on Bush: How George W. (Mis)leads America. Penguin. ISBN 9781101200810. http://books.google.ca/books?id=9GuVyDhlswoC&pg=PT312&lpg=PT312&dq=Shafig+OR+Shafiq+%22bin+Laden%22+George+Bush&source=bl&ots=AEDGlD8_oF&sig=Z-D26XmqzR-_i4FfKaSa4j3-83A&hl=en&sa=X&ei=990IU4POGoSoqgGawYHIDQ&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=Shafig%20OR%20Shafiq%20%22bin%20Laden%22%20George%20Bush&f=false. Retrieved 2014-02-22. "The extremely influential Carlyle Group has arranged similar gatherings during the previous fourteen years, beneath the radar of most of the mass media, between former politicians like Bush, James Baker, John Major, former Worl Bank treasurer Afsaneh Masheyekhi, and interested parties looking for some extremely expensive, high-powered lobbying services. On September 11, 2001, the Group happened to be hosting a conference at a Washington hotel. Among the guest of honor: investor Shafig bin Laden, another brother to Osama."
- James K. Glassman (2006-06). "Big Deals. David Rubenstein and His Partners Have Made Billions With the Carlyle Group, the World’s Hottest Private Equity Firm. How Have They Made All That Money? Why Are They in Washington?". The Washingtonian. http://www.carlyle.com/Media%20Room/Fact%20Sheet%20Files/item9959.pdf. Retrieved 2014-02.
- "The Carlyle Group: C for Capitalism". The Economist. 2003-06-26. Archived from the original on 2005-12-12. https://web.archive.org/web/20051212013149/http://www.economist.com/printedition/displayStory.cfm?Story_ID=1875084. Retrieved 2014-02-22. "ON the day Osama bin Laden's men attacked America, Shafiq bin Laden, described as an estranged brother of the terrorist, was at an investment conference in Washington, DC, along with two people who are close to President George Bush: his father, the first President Bush, and James Baker, the former secretary of state who masterminded the legal campaign that secured Dubya's move to the White House."
- Ed Vulliamy (2002-05-16). "Dark heart of the American dream". The Guardian. Archived from the original on 2008-09-17. https://web.archive.org/web/20080917122104/http://www.guardian.co.uk/theobserver/2002/jun/16/features.magazine57. Retrieved 2014-02-22. "On 11 September, while Al-Qaeda's planes slammed into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, the Carlyle Group hosted a conference at a Washington hotel. Among the guests of honour was a valued investor: Shafig bin Laden, brother to Osama."
- Michel Chossudovsky (2013-04-13). "Is Kissing a “State Sponsor of Terrorism” a “Terrorist Act”? Political Satire". NSNBC. Archived from the original on 2013-05-02. https://web.archive.org/web/20130502010243/http://nsnbc.me/2013/04/30/is-kissing-a-state-sponsor-of-terrorism-a-terrorist-act-political-satire/. Retrieved 2014-02-22. "There is nothing wrong, therefore, in socializing and doing business with family members of terror mastermind Osama bin Laden, including the late Salem bin Laden and Shafiq bin Laden of the Carlyle Group."