River Donaghey (journalist)
River Donaghey (born October 3, 1990) is an American journalist and filmmaker who lives in New York City. He is a writer and documentary host for Vice magazine, on which his work has been featured, as well as on WYNC Studios, NPR and other media.
River Donaghey was born on October 3, 1990 in Eugene, Oregon. He attended the Eugene Lang College of Liberal Arts in New York and was awarded a degree in Literary Studies in 2014. As a teenager, River Donaghey was a member of the Oregon protest movement against the war in Iraq and was arrested (with his mother and grandmother) in Washington D.C.
River Donaghey began his journalism career as an editor at Vice magazine where he ran the breaking news section The VICE Guide to Right Now and hosted Vice Special documentaries on VICELAND. Before joining Vice full-time, River was a freelance features writer for SNEEZE Magazine.
Notable works of journalism
- Over 50,000 Fans Want the Super Bowl to Play This ‘SpongeBob’ Song at Halftime
- Give Keanu Reeves some space, everybody(Vice, June 13, 2019)
- Powdered Alcohol Got Me Drunk the Worst Way Possible
- “Vice: "River Donaghey”
- "River Donaghey | Freelance Journalist". https://muckrack.com/river-donaghey. Retrieved 30 June 2019.
- Hein, Michael (June 8, 2019). "Felicity Huffman: Who Should Play Disgraced 'Desperate Housewives' Star in the College Admission Scandal TV Show?". Pop Culture. https://popculture.com/celebrity-parents/2019/06/08/felicity-huffman-who-should-play-college-admission-scandal-tv-show/#5. Retrieved 30 June 2019.
- Frechette, Chloe (July 5, 2016). "Daily News: Rapper-Approved Drinks, Starting the Day with a Tankard of Ale". Punch. https://punchdrink.com/news/daily-news-rapper-approved-drinks-starting-the-day-with-a-tankard-of-ale/. Retrieved 30 June 2019.
- “Gold Flake Paint Music Journal:Pocket Hercules | Reverse Manifest Destiny”
- "On the road with ... River Donaghey.". Free Online Library. https://www.thefreelibrary.com/On+the+road+with+...+River+Donaghey.-a0137819208. Retrieved 30 June 2019.
- Omana, Breana (December 3, 2018). "Fans memorialize Spongebob in wake of creator's death". The Daily Targum. http://www.dailytargum.com/article/2018/12/spongebob-squarepants-hillenburg-legacy. Retrieved 30 June 2019.
- McNicole, Jonathan (June 19, 2019). "Your Mind Makes It Real: 'The Matrix' 20 Years On". WNPR. https://www.wnpr.org/post/your-mind-makes-it-real-matrix-20-years. Retrieved 24 June 2019.
- Mosendz, Polly (May 24, 2014). "Of Course, Someone Already Tried to Snort Powdered Alcohol". The Atlantic. https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/05/of-course-someone-already-tried-to-snort-powdered-alcohol/371400/. Retrieved 24 June 2019.
- Davies, Madeleine (May 23, 2014). "Snorting Powdered Alcohol Is a Really Bad Idea". JEZEBEL. https://jezebel.com/snorting-powdered-alcohol-is-a-really-bad-idea-1580636080. Retrieved 24 June 2019.
- “Faith-Seeking-Understanding Organization: Hype Over Powdered Alcohol”