In 1940, Guido Maggi had 12 employees but with World War II, some craftsmen were called to war and production decreased while some of the shoemakers did not return because of the war. After the war, in 1945, shoe production resumed but Guido Maggi suddenly died. This forced the shoe business to suspend the production the same year.
55 years later, precisely in 2009, Emanuele Briganti, the current CEO and great-grandson of Guido Maggi, revived the family business with an innovative idea: creating handcrafted shoes with hidden elevator systems to allow all men to discreetly increase their height. In 2012, Briganti launched GuidoMaggi online, introducing the invisible elevator system to the world.
In 2016, the first GuidoMaggi store was opened in the centre of Milan. In 2017, the company also began distributing the brand in Japan. In 2018, the second GuidoMaggi boutique was opened in Shibuya district in Tokyo.
- Edoardo Meliado,"Guido Maggi amplia la gamma accessori e progetta lo sbarco a New York". it.fashionnetwork.com. 27 March 2019. https://it.fashionnetwork.com/news/Guido-maggi-amplia-la-gamma-accessori-e-progetta-lo-sbarco-a-new-york,1082734.html. Retrieved 20 January 2020.
- "LECCEScarpe rialzate GuidoMaggi, un secolo di Made in Italy". ilgallo.it. 1 March 2019. http://www.ilgallo.it/dai-comuni/lecce/scarpe-rialzate-guidomaggi-un-secolo-di-made-in-italy/. Retrieved 20 January 2020.
- "Scarpe rialzate GuidoMaggi, qualità e classe Made in Italy per uno stile che fa tendenza". leccenews24.it. 25 February 2019. https://www.leccenews24.it/attualita/scarpe-rialzate-guidomaggi-artigianali-made-in-italy.htm. Retrieved 20 January 2020.
- "Interview With Emanuele Briganti Of Guidomaggi". menswearstyle.co.uk. https://www.menswearstyle.co.uk/2018/05/16/interview-with-emanuele-briganti-of-guidomaggi/8153. Retrieved 20 January 2020.
- "Qualità ed eccellenza, la forza dell'Italia". milano.repubblica.it. 14 September 2019. https://milano.repubblica.it/native/2018/09/15/news/qualita_ed_eccellenza_la_forza_dell_italia-206324310/. Retrieved 20 January 2020.
- "Emanuele Briganti". trendcelebsnow.com. https://trendcelebsnow.com/emanuele-briganti-net-worth/. Retrieved 20 January 2020.
- Tony Lagerfeld,"Will my Elevator Shoes Fit on my Shoe Rack?". nextrankers.com. 18 January 2020. https://www.nextrankers.com/will-my-elevator-shoes-fit-on-my-shoe-rack/. Retrieved 20 January 2020.
- "Stylish, Elegant and Height Increasing: GUIDOMAGGI". heightceleb.info. 18 January 2020. http://www.heightceleb.info/2011/12/stylish-elegant-and-height-increasing.html. Retrieved 20 January 2020.
- "Scarpe uomo, l'ultima tendenza è l'on-demand". milano.repubblica.it. 14 September 2018. https://milano.repubblica.it/native/2018/09/15/news/scarpe_uomo_l_ultima_tendenza_e_l_on-demand-206433053/. Retrieved 20 January 2020.
- "Walk tall in Italian hand-crafted Guidomaggi shoes". squaremile.com. https://squaremile.com/style/guidomaggi/. Retrieved 20 January 2020.
- "GuidoMaggi lancia la nuova luxury line: borse e zaini giacche in pelle esotica e pelletteria". comunicati-stampa.net. 1 April 2019. http://www.comunicati-stampa.net/com/guidomaggi-lancia-la-nuova-luxury-line-borse-e-zaini-giacche-in-pelle-esotica-e-pelletteria.html. Retrieved 20 January 2020.
- "La chiave del successo? Sta (anche) nella statura". milano.repubblica.it. 14 September 2019. https://milano.repubblica.it/native/2018/09/15/news/la_chiave_del_successo_sta_anche_nella_statura-206322094/. Retrieved 20 January 2020.