Headquartered in Mountain View, California, EdCast was founded in 2013 by Karl Mehta with the original aim of creating a mobile app that leveraged a user-specific recommendation engine for educational content.
In 2019, EdCast launched MyGuide - a digital enablement tool for online performance support systems. In 2020, the company launched its proprietary Learning Health Index (LHI)Study, with the objective of creating a deeper understanding of learning health in organisations across corporate India using a validated research approach.
- Edcast And Edx Launch $315 Million Investment For Small And Mid-Sized Businesses, elearninginside.com. Retrieved 15 April 2021
- Avathon Capital Leads $35 Million Funding Round in EdCast to Transform the Future of Work, businesswire.com. Retrieved 15 April 2021
- Indian American entrepreneur Karl Mehta selected among 18 'Presidential Innovation Fellows. The Economic Times. Retrieved 15 April 2021
- How One Silicon Valley Millionaire Is Using Tech To Spark Change In India". Business Insider Retrieved 15 April 2021
- Visa Buys Virtual Goods Monetization Platform PlaySpan For $190 Million In Cash. TechCrunch. Retrieved 15 April 2021
- Shankar, Shashwati. "EdCast looks to learn a lesson with Sales University buy". The Economic Times. Retrieved 15 April 2021
- EdCast Acquires Content AI Start-up Sociative. www.businesswire.com Retrieved 15 April 2021
- EdCast Acquires Leapest, the Leading Corporate Training Marketplace with 1,600 Business Customers. www.businesswire.com Retrieved 15 April 2021
- Everest Group Recognizes EdCast's MyGuide as a Leader in Digital Adoption Platforms PEAK Matrix Report 2020. PRWeb. Retrieved 15 April 2021
- EdCast Learning Health Index Study 2020 humancapitalonline.com Retrieved 15 April 2021
- EdCast Awarded as Technology Pioneer by World Economic Forum, businesswire.com Retrieved 15 April 2021
- Weiss, Craig (2020-12-10). "By Craig WeissTop 10 LXPs for 2020". Craig Weiss. Retrieved 15 April 2021
- Top 10 Learning Systems for 2021. Craig Weiss.