|The below content is licensed according to Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License contrary to the public domain logo at the foot of the page. It originally appeared on http://en.wikipedia.org. The original article might still be accessible here. You may be able to find a list of the article's previous contributors on the talk page.|
Big Boa is Cobra's trainer. Big Boa is a brutal, unfeeling taskmaster who whips the unruly Cobra Troopers into shape, as these soldiers are not motivated by patriotism, unit loyalty, honor, or sense of duty. Cobra Troopers say he has a voice like a bullhorn, fists the size of frozen turkeys, and the disposition of a bear with a headache.
Big Boa was meant to be as an enemy to Rocky Balboa, from the Rocky films, even coming with boxing gloves, but the Rocky character was never released as an action figure.
He also appears in the third G.I. Joe novel Fool's Gold, by S.M. Ballard. He decides to try and take over Cobra by use of a disintegration gun prototype; he is stopped by a bullet in the leg and the theft of the gun.
Devil's Due Publishing
Big Boa appears in Devil's Due G.I. Joe series. He fights Bazooka, one of four Joes who had just discovered Cobra's influence in the small town of Delhi Hills. Bazooka defeats him in hand-to-hand combat, but Big Boa, like most signs of Cobra influence, is spirited away before the authorities arrive.
He also makes an appearance in issue #24.
Later, Big Boa is killed along with several Cobra troopers and South American operative Asa Negra in an attack by the Red Shadows. Their bodies are discovered by Joe members Hardball, Rampart, and Glenda. Moments later, the Red Shadows kill the Joes as well. These 'Shadows' are a militia group that seeks to destroy Cobra and G.I. Joe, by slaying key members on each side.
Big Boa was also featured as a character in IDW Publishing's G.I. Joe: Cobra II.
Big Boa was first released as an action figure in 1987. Big Boa's chest, arms, waist, and legs were later re-colored and re-used to create Balrog.
Big Boa was given a 25th Anniversary style figure by the G.I. Joe Collectors Club as part of their Figure Subscription Service in 2013.
- Hama, Larry (1987). Howard Mackie. ed. G.I. Joe Order Of Battle. Marvel Entertainment Group. p. 14. ISBN 0-87135-288-5.
- DIVIDE AND CONQUER-#2 (G. I. Joe). Divide and Conquer on. Amazon.com. ISBN 0345350952.
- FOOL'S GOLD-G.I.JOE#3. Fool's Gold on. Amazon.com. ISBN 0345350960.
- G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero vol. 2 #15 (March 2003)
- G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero vol. 2 #24 (November 2003)
- G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero vol. 2 #38 (January 2004)
- Santelmo, Vincent (1994). The Official 30th Anniversary Salute To G.I. Joe 1964-1994. Krause Publications. p. 112. ISBN 0-87341-301-6.
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.