|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions may be available. (March 2019)|
Ajaita Shah is an Indian entrepreneur and social activist. She is the founder and CEO of Frontier Markets and the President of Frontier Innovations Foundation.
Early life and education
Shah grew up in an Indian community in New York City, getting a B.A. degree in International Relations from Tufts University. She was an American India Foundation Fellow in 2006. She, then, started working in various areas of government, research, and mediation. She moved to India after college to work in microfinance.
Shah has previously worked with SKS Microfinance, and Ujjivan Financial Services in India and has worked on numerous development projects in 7 states in India.
She has also consulted with the World Bank about microfinance in South Asia and Latin America. She served on the Committee of the Social Performance Task Force. She was a Clinton Service Corp, Echoing Green, and Cordes Fellow.
She founded Frontier Markets (FM) in 2011 to connect rural customers to high impact products like solar lighting solutions, smokeless stoves, Agri appliances, smart phones, digital services and more. The company invests in rural women entrepreneurs and technology to build a doorstep rural supply chain. The company has 10,000 women entrepreneurs and sold over 2 million solutions helping 350,000 rural customers. 
Honors and awards
- SOCAP Scholar
- 2012 Echoing Green Fellow
- 2013 Forbes 30 Under 30 Social Entrepreneur
- L'Oréal Women of Worth Award
- CNBC Women Entrepreneur of the Year
- Tech Entrepreneur of the Year
- Women Transforming India Awards 2018, instituted by the United Nations and NITI Aayog
- "Solar Prahari". https://nasscomfoundation.org/get-engaged/nasscom-social-innovation-forum/past-winners/winners-2015/solar-prahari.html. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- "10th Sankalp Global Summit 2018 concludes successfully with debate and discussions on serving the underserved 3 Billion People". https://www.intellecap.com/announcements/10th-sankalp-global-summit-2018-concludes-successfully-with-debate-and-discussions-on-serving-the-underserved-3-billion-people.
- "Grantee: Frontier Markets". https://www.nationalgeographic.org/archive/projects/great-energy-challenge/grantees/frontiermarkets.
- "Women Transforming India Awards 2018". http://niti.gov.in/content/women-transforming-india-awards-2018.
- "Women Transforming India Awards 2018". http://in.one.un.org/women-transforming-india-awards-2018/.