Yaron Meiri (born October 23, 1963) is an Israeli artist, director, choreographer, musician and artistic advisor. He is known for designing and establishing several museums, visitor centers and tourist attractions in Israel and around the world. He is the current owner and CEO of Orpan Group, an international company that specializes in conceiving, designing and delivering museums, visitors centers, tourist attractions and other audience-centric environments.
Meiri was born to Iraqi parents who migrated to Israel. He grew up and was educated in the city of Rehovot, Israel. As a child he was active in the Scout Movement, initially as a Junior Boy Scout and then as a Scout Leader elected to represent the movement as part of a musical-band for a 4-month tour of the United States. Meiri also studied music and mastered playing various types instruments, including accordion, piano, guitar and drums. At the same time, he experimented with the performing arts, taking part in drama and theater performances as well as dance performances of every kind (ballet, jazz, tap, folk and modern ballet).
Education and Military Service
Meiri graduated from Tel Aviv University where he earned his Bachelor’s degree while still serving in the Israel Defense Forces. After completing his degree, he served as an intelligence officer from 1981-1989 in the Israeli military. Later, he completed his PhD after majoring in the fields of Middle Eastern Studies, Arabic Literature and History.
As part of his PhD training and studies of Middle Eastern History, Meiri taught in many educational institutions and developed multiple educational programs for schools and educational television channels. After his military service, Meiri continued to study television and arts and went on to explore other languages, such as German, Italian and Persian.
Music and Entertainment
In the late 1980s, Meiri entered the entertainment business: directing various entertainment productions, television shows and plays. In 1999, he founded a production company known as Good Company. He staged many fashion shows and entertainment spectacles for leading Israeli and international companies such as The Coca-Cola Company, Osem, Israel Discount Bank and more.
Meiri served as a artistic and strategic consultant to leading international companies such as JLL and the EMEA division of Coca Cola.. All the while, Meiri designed and produced a variety of art and entertainment performances in various media, and even musically produced senior Israeli artists.
In 2002, Meiri joined Orpan Group, an Israeli company that designs and creates museums, visitor centers and tourist attractions. Meiri later became the owner and CEO of the company. During his work at Orpan, Meiri partnered and initiated a number of international tourism ventures, including the popular tourist attractions known as Time Elevator (in Rome, Jerusalem, Agra and other locations).
As a choreographer and dancer, Meiri performed all over Israel and overseas. He worked with various artists such as Yehoram Gaon, Dudu Dotan, Moti Giladi, and others. He has choreographed many dance compositions for various artistic projects and television specials, including "The Israeli Eurovision televised national selection shows".
Artistic Consultancy and Design
Meiri has carried out several exhibitions for major international companies such as Teva, NDS, Local Government Economic Services in Ashdod and Barcelona. He has staged shows for the Israeli State, municipalities and corporate events.
Meiri is an expert at designing and conceptualizing museums, of various themes, from Jewish History to Arts and even a Spy Museum.  Among his work:
- The Enzo Ferrari Museum, in Modena, Italy
- The Tolerance Museum in Moscow
- The National Museum of Science & Technology in Stockholm, Sweden
- The interactive Jewish Museum in Santiago, Chile
- Tel Aviv Banking and Nostalgia Museum
- Chief artistic director of the Bible Park in Northern Israel. He has designed and conceptualized several visitor centers. Among them include:
- Center of Senses - Coca-Cola's Visitor center, Israel
- Technion's Visitor Center (Israel Institute of Technology), Haifa, Israel
- Carlsberg's Beer Center, Ashkelon, Israel
- ANA educational Modules – Interactive educational Center, Masada, Pki’in, Tel-Chai (Israel)
- Portable educational modules of the Yad Vashem Museum
- Yedioth Ahronoth visitor center in Rishon Lezion, Israel
- Municipal Innovation Center for Smart Cities - Tel Aviv MIC
As an artistic consultant and advisor, Meiri has worked for companies like Coca-Cola, Ferrari, he lead major entertainment productions, directed and choreographed musicals in Germany and Italy, directed commercials and show reels, acted as musical director for various groups and albums etc.
In 2020. Meiri was elected as special adviser to the Prime Minister's Office and the Jerusalem Development Authority for matters of national commemoration. In addition. Meiri is a member of the planning commission for the Hispanic-Jewish Museum in Madrid.
Meiri serves as an advisor to the International Consulting firm Deloitte and the Israel Government Tourist Corporation. He also served as a strategic political advisor, leading several successful electioneering campaigns.
In 2022, Meiri was appointed an authorized representative of the Local Government Economic Services (AKA Mashcal, a subsidiary of The Federation of Local Authorities in Israel) for the distribution of the MiC concept (Municipal Innovation Center) to local municipal authorities around the world. The global distribution of the municipal innovation centers and the professional network accompanying the concept, are expected to develop under the name GMiC (Global Municipal Innovation Center).
As a result of his experience in all forms of performing arts (music, dance, theater, television), Meiri developed a unique working style that combines many disciplines and thus maximizes the artistic medium to other levels of practice. Within this framework, he has developed unique work interfaces that include music programming, advanced multimedia technology, AR/VR spectacles, etc.
Meiri is married to Dana, whom he met during his military service, they have 3 children together. In 2008, his youngest son Yoav, after experiencing a near fatal brain aneurysm at just 10 years of age, was diagnosed with Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM), a rare congenital malformation of the blood vessels in the brain. In the aftermath of dealing with his son's condition, Meiri wrote and published his book: Straight to the Brain.
- "Toledo Time Capsule: a multisensory experience that catches the viewer in the Middle Ages". digitalavmagazine.com. https://www.digitalavmagazine.com/en/2014/10/09/toledo-time-capsule-una-experiencia-multisensorial-que-atrapa-al-espectador-en-la-edad-media/. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- David Jackson,"Back to the Future". newswire.net. 29 April 2020. https://newswire.net/newsroom/news/00119139-back-to-the-future.html. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- David Jackson,"The Museum Comes To The Living Room: Culture During Corona Virus Days". london-post.co.uk. 6 April 2020. https://london-post.co.uk/the-museum-comes-to-the-living-room-culture-during-corona-virus-days/?fbclid=IwAR3Hn0DvqnVK89Moms9mp-2xZYMZi-ulT5djK8dfi6JUI3lEblvrSUY2u_k. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "Yaron Meiri Owner & Chief Creative Officer at Orpan Group LTD". linkedin.com. https://il.linkedin.com/in/yaron-meiri-83450734. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "Yaron Meiri". alchetron.com. https://alchetron.com/Yaron-Meiri. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "El Toledo de las Tres Culturas en la cápsula del tiempo". eleconomista.es. https://www.eleconomista.es/turismo-viajes/noticias/6140365/10/14/El-Toledo-de-las-Tres-Culturas-en-la-capsula-del-tiempo.html. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "Toledo Time Capsule», oferta turística para todos los sentidos". abc.es. https://www.abc.es/toledo/ciudad/20141008/abci-toledo-time-capsule-oferta-201410081001.html?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fdeletionpedia.org%2Fen%2FYaron_Meiri. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "רון מאירי: "ברגע שאתה מצליח להתקיף". themarker.com. https://www.themarker.com/advertising/1.563848. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "Toledo se encapsula para recordar el tiempo de la convivencia". abcblogs.abc.es. https://abcblogs.abc.es/orientaciones/escapadas/toledo-se-encapsula-para-recordar-el-tiempo-de-la-convivencia.html. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "Luna Park Of Smart Cities: The Spot That Lets You Update And Be Updated In The Urban Action". ritzherald.com. 20 April 2020.
- "קבוצת אורפאן הישראלית משלימה הקמתו של פארק אטרקציות ענק עבור קוקה קולה בטורקיה". themarker.com. http://cafe.themarker.com/post/1914733/. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "קבוצת אורפאן הישראלית משלימה הקמתו של פארק אטרקציות ענק עבור קוקה קולה בטורקיה". bizportal.co.il. https://www.bizportal.co.il/general/news/article/30103655. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "קטלוג פסלים למכירה - תערוכת היטהרות, עפרה צימבליסטה". calameo.com. https://en.calameo.com/books/0041364872fd8957f9d72. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "The Bible Park". orpan.com. https://www.orpan.com/copy-of-yedioth-360. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "Straight to the Brain by Yaron Meiri". simania.co.il. https://simania.co.il/bookdetails.php?item_id=690885. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- Orpan Group website
- "When Space, Time And Experience Meet At The Ticket Booth or: The Wonderful World Of The Contents Tourism", The Los Angeles Tribune
- THE Museum Comes To The Living Room: Culture During Corona Virus Days, London Post
- Luna Park Of Smart Cities: The Spot That Lets You Update And Be Updated In The Urban Action,The Ritz Herald
- Muni-Experience,Sic Productions
- Deep Diving Adventure With Orpan Group and Yaron Meiri, RushPR News
- Once Upon a Time There Was a Successful Brand: The Power of Storytelling in Commercial Visitor Centers,The New York Today
- Lick Art, Sniff The History: The Story of the Disappearing Senses in Museums and Visitor Centers,Overpasses For America
- I’m Talking to You with Yaron Meiri | Tzuzamen
- Vaizduotės inžinierius ir jo muziejai, IQ Magazine (Lithuanian)
- The New Museum’s intelligence: The curious connection between museums, visitor experience and AI, Edinburgpost
- The Sound of Curiosity: How Sound Enhances the Visitor Experience at Tourist Attractions, New Edge Times
- Turing Takes a Tour: AI’s Museum Visit Reveals the Future of Art and Artists, Khaleej Report
- Hospitality, Circus, And Dialogue: Unveiling The Power Of Branding Through Traveling Exhibitions, Culture Buzz
- The Mirror Method: Crafting Compelling Museum Stories for a Diverse Audience, VentsMagazine