What Are The Effective Medical Treatments For Varicose Vein?
Although, varicose veins do not necessarily cause major problems or discomfort other than affecting the physical appearance. But if they are causing you severe pain, swelling or discomfort then you must consult with a vein specialist or phlebologist. If you are wondering what is the treatment for varicose veins then The specialist may recommend the following medications or medical treatments to handle varicose veins.
● Sclerotherapy. This procedure involves injecting a liquid or foam-like solution into the veins to shrink them.
● Endoscopic vein surgery. During the surgical process, the doctors insert a small video camera inserted into the leg. Vein removal takes place through a series of small incisions.
● Laser surgery. In this process, the intense beam of light is aimed at the veins which makes small veins instantly disappear and large veins fade and disappear.
● Endothermal ablation. In this process, heat is used to seal or close the affected diseased veins.
What remedy can be done at home to treat varicose veins?
If you have severe aching pain and swelling that cannot be cured at home then it is better to visit a vein center or clinic for treatment, if you don't know What is a vein clinic? then it is where you'll get medical help from the specialists. If you are experiencing slight discomfort or pain due to varicose veins that can be treated at home then these following tips may help you get relief faster.
● Eating healthy
● Drinking plenty of water
● Wearing compression stockings
● Elevating up your legs
● Try to not sit or stand for a long time.
● Lose weight if necessary
What are the possible risks of varicose veins?
Experts are not sure why the valves become faulty or why the vein walls stretch. However, in many cases, it happens for no clear reason but the risk factor or causes is always associated with varicose veins such as
● Being over 50 years old
● Going through menopause
● Being pregnant, the hormonal changes during pregnancy can cause varicose veins.
● Sitting or standing for too long in the same posture
● Obesity, being overweight increases the possibility of varicose veins
● Gender, more than men women get affected y varicose veins
● Genetics. The risk of developing it increases when it runs in the family history.
Do varicose veins cause discomfort or pain?
In most cases, there’s no pain or discomfort except the issue with physical appearance. The varicose veins look twisted, lumpy, or maybe purple or red. But in some cases, varicose veins can cause immense pain, cramps, swelling, heavy legs, and irritation around the veins. Some may also experience swollen ankles, a shiny discoloration of skin near varicose veins, restless leg syndrome, itchy red and dry skin. If you are experiencing these symptoms then visit a nearby vein clinic as soon as possible.
The above information tells us about varicose veins, varicose vein symptoms, and risks, home remedies for varicose veins, medical treatment for varicose veins, and more. For further information check out veintreatmentnyc.com