This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.
The other Build Team Autobots look to Wedge as their leader, even though he's young. A natural leader-in-the-making. Can be reckless and make mistakes but will never jeapordize his friends. He carries a double beam guns.
In addition to their use of elemental-based attacks, each "adult" member of the Build Team provides a specific style of attack which each member bring to his specific version (based on who becomes the arms) of Landfill. Hightower/Build Cyclone's strength is powerful offensive attacks. Heavy Load/Build Typhoon brings martial arts and strong defenses, while Grimlock/Build Hurricane provides an even mix of offense and defense.
Wedge first appeared in episode #20 "Wedge's Short Fuse" and last appeared in episode #38 "The Final Battle Part 2."
Robots in Disguise Wedge (in Wal-Mart yellow repaint colors) appeared in the 2004 BotCon voice actor play.
Rhinox has built a device to deflect Unicron's attempts to pull victims from other dimensions with his tractor beam. The Autobots deflect two attempts and the victims end up on a frozen planetoid instead of with Unicron. Maximals Rattrap and Silverbolt and the Predacon Waspinator are sent to help the victims, but Reptilion, Sunstorm, Ruination and Universe Perceptor are sent to get them for Unicron. As a side effect of the device Rhinox built, a vortex opens which sucks in an Autobot shuttle from the past piloted by Bumblebee, Tracks and Cosmos. Thrust attacks the Maximal ship, but they are saved by being transported to the Autobot shuttle. The Autobots and Maximals then go to the planet where they save the victims from the Decepticons. On the planet are two groups of Autobots. One is from the Robots in Disguise story, with Landfill (Walmart recolor), Universe Side Burn and Universe Prowl. The other is from another parallel world with Spy Changer Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, Prowl and Ironhide. They all fight off the Decepticons. The Autobot shuttle is sent back to its own time.
- Car Robots Build Boy (2000)
- Wedge's first toy is actually Japan's Build Boy, part of its Transformers: Car Robots line in 2000.
- This toy was later redecoed into Universe Bonecrusher.
- Robots in Disguise Deluxe Wedge (2001)
- When Wedge (the American equivalent) was released in 2001, mold and paint colors were slightly altered. The most noticeable differences are the lack of metallic elements used on the Build Team's American bodies, and the tampographing of Autobot insignias on each Build Team member. (Previously, only Build Boy/Wedge carried an insignia.)
- Robots in Disguise Deluxe Wedge Redeco (2003)
- Wedge was later recolored in yellow by Hasbro in 2003 for an Wal*Mart store exclusive and was packaged with his team. Although packages as part of Robots in Disguise many fans consider it to be an unofficial part of the Transformers: Universe toy line by being released during the Universe time period. It is the last released toy of the RiD series before it was changed to Universe. This version of the Build Team appeared in the Transformers: Universe storyline presented at the BotCon 2005 voice actor play.