UNice Hair is a Chinese company that manufactures hairpieces.
Yunlong Hua (Chinese: 化云龙), the founder and CEO of the company, had been working at a local wig factory in Xuchang since the age of 18. In 2007, he founded UNice in Xuchang City (许昌), Henan Province, China when his friends abroad had expressed interest in buying wigs. At the time, most wigs were not easy to source directly and often had significantly marked up prices.
In 2009, Hua started UNice online, and began selling UNice products directly to consumers. In 2011, Hua founded UNice as an international online B2B trading company that operated mainly through third-party platforms. Eventually, Hua decided to offer B2C (business-to-consumer) services when he realized that there was a considerable market demand for consumers to directly purchase hair accessory products. A website for UNice's B2C market was officially opened in 2015. Since many Chinese hair accessory manufacturers were located in smaller towns located far from China's major port cities, Hua's website helped address many logistical challenges that many Chinese small and medium-sized manufacturers were facing.
Other hair accessory companies, such as Lilysilk and Docolor, also use online platforms similar to that of UNice.
After 9 years of selling products online, Hua realized that customers could only evaluate products through images and videos while browsing online, and decided to open up walk-in stores so that customers could evaluate products in person. In September 2018, UNice opened physical locations. UNice Hair currently has three physical locations in the United States:
UNice specializes in providing hair accessory products made of genuine hair, especially wigs and other hair accessories for African-American women. Despite that fact that it was originally founded and based in mainland China, UNice has also placed a heavy emphasis on the usage of Western social platforms such as YouTube in order to reach potential consumers.
The company sells wig products through online platforms, such as Amazon, AliExpress, eBay, and so on. UNice Hair products are distributed in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, and 150 other countries.
- A new era of small and medium-sized enterprises: how branding has become indispensable / 中小企业的“大出海时代”：品牌出海成为必然选择. WeChat.
- Coming out of fourth-tier Chinese cities and popular in the US market: how a Chinese wig brand became globally successful / 冲出四线城市，红遍美国市场，这个假发品牌做到了. WeChat.
- Case study: How can a five-person small business become an internationally known brand trusted by thousands of people? / 真实案例 | 五人小企业如何炼成万人信任的国际知名品牌？. WeChat.
- In 2019, why should international e-commerce companies build their own independent digital platforms? / 2019年，跨境电商为什么要去平台，自建独立站？. WeChat.
- UNice: an AdWords success story of an SME / AdWords中小企业成功案例分享: UNice. YouTube.