Tutoring refers to the act of providing individualized academic support to a student or small group of students. This support is typically offered by someone with more knowledge or experience in a particular subject area, known as a tutor.
Types of Tutoring
- In-person tutoring: Takes place face-to-face, either in a dedicated learning space or at the student's home.
- Online tutoring: Takes place virtually, using video conferencing software and other online tools.
- Peer tutoring: Involves students of similar academic levels working together to learn and understand material.
- Group tutoring: Involves small groups of students receiving instruction from a single tutor.
Benefits of Tutoring
- Increased understanding of subject matter
- Improved academic performance
- Enhanced study skills and learning strategies
- Increased confidence and motivation
- Personalized attention and support
Tutoring services can be accessed through a variety of channels, including private tutors, independent tutoring centers, and online tutoring platforms.