Trish Paravas is an American fashion executive, entrepreneur, and CEO based in New York City, United States. She is best known as the founder of Fashion Week, Incorporated (FWI). Prior to that, Paravas worked in the financial industry for over a decade, having specialized in various financial products. FWI produces consumer fashion shows that have various notable corporate sponsors such as Ritz-Carlton, JP Morgan Chase, and Dr. Pepper. Paravas holds an MBA degree in business and marketing.
In 2013, Trish Paravas founded Fashion Week Inc. (FWI). Paravas founded FWI in New York to produce fashion shows after realizing the current state of New York fashion shows were invitation-only and designed for industry professionals and media. Paravas stated that Fashion Week, Inc. is in the business of “extending the exclusive runway show access to the consumers, building connections between fashion designers and clientele.”
The company hosts bi-annual consumer fashion shows, with the first of these shows launching in 2012. Initially, these shows were produced and marketed under the name New York Fashion Shows. Following the success of these first shows, Paravas realized she had a hit concept on her hands. Noting the increasing interest in them by both the media and consumers, the savvy business executive rebranded the shows under the names New York Fashion Week and NYFW. The first of the New York Fashion Week shows was presented in 2013, the same year that Paravas registered the New York Fashion Week and NYFW trademarks. Paravas and FWI have continued to produce and present shows bi-annually since, serving an ever-increasing clientele and attracting growing media attention and corporate sponsorships.
- New York Fashion Week
- IMG Sues Event Organizer Over Use of ‘New York Fashion Week’. Bloomberg Law.
- WME-IMG and CFDA Facing $10M Lawsuit for "Usurping" New York Fashion Week Trademark. Hollywood Reporter.
- The Behind-the-Scenes Battle for the “New York Fashion Week” Name. The Fashion Law.
- The Battle Over New York Fashion Week Continues, as IMG Files Suit Against Fashion Week, Inc.. The Fashion Law.
- New York Fashion Week Company information
- Demandan por el uso indebido de la marca New York Fashion Week
- Cullins, A. (2016, July 6). WME-IMG and CFDA Facing $10M Lawsuit for "Usurping" New York Fashion Week Trademark. Retrieved August 03, 2016, from http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/wme-img-cfda-facing-10m-908838
- Fashion Week Inc. Presents a Zang Toi Collection at Fashion Week New York.
- Fashion Week Inc. v. Council of Fashion Designers of America, Inc. et al
- LA Times
- ABC News