According to his tech specs Stax is incredibly strong. He is also very tough and brave. Stax's tech specs are nearly the same as Generation 1 Pipes, but with one higher point of strength.
Other third-party Transformers that homage Pipes include iGear's Tubes.
Stax was designed by toy designer 539, and developed along side X-Transbots Krank.
X-Transbots released the first images of Krank and Stax on their Facebook page in July 2013. X-Transbots confirmed on their weibo page that they moved up the reveal of Krank and Stax in response to the reveal of Cubex's homage to Huffer.
Prototype images of Stax were posted on the X-Transbots Facebook page in September 2013.
Stax was released in January 2014.
The Cybercast podcast for October 26th, 2013 discussed Krank and Stax in the news.
The Retro Robot Radio podcast for October 12th, 2013 covered Krank and Stax in the news.
The Cybercast podcast for December 21st, 2013 discussed Stax in the news.
Stax is an inexperienced warrior with a lot of potential... if he could just stay out of the medical bay. He possesses a keep curiosity for bizarre gadgets and objects native to wherever he travels, which tends to distract him from his mission. His collections of trinkets subspecialty end up disappearing every time he's out of commission. Stax is a friendly and endearing bot who rarely complains and sees the upside of every situation. Due to his kind demeanor and naivete he needs Krank to balance him out.
- X-Transbots MM-II Stax (2014)
- An original third-party Transformer mold by X-Transbots. Turns from a 6.14 inch tall robot to semi-truck. Comes with two guns.
- He shares engineering with Krank and Hoss and was recolored into Axis.
- Reprolabels Master Mini Pipes (2014)
- A set of labels for Stax to make it look more like Generation 1 Pipes. Includes Autobot faction symbols.
- Andy (July 15th, 2013). "moonbase2". http://moonbase2.libsyn.com (Podcast). moonbase2. http://moonbase2.libsyn.com/episode-251.
- Craig (July 22nd, 2013). "Fwooshcast". http://fwooshcast.thefwoosh.com/ (Podcast). The Fwoosh. http://fwooshcast.thefwoosh.com/2013/07/fwooshcast-119-july-22nd-ma-crossover/.
- Mathew Ignash (September 14th, 2013). "Retro Robot Radio". http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroRobotRadio?feature=watch (Podcast). Mathew Ignash. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qlgk32Kww8.
- Josh (October 12th, 2013). "Cybercast". https://www.youtube.com/user/G1Hexatron?feature=watch (Podcast). Josh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O4AjJOD4MU.
- Josh (October 26th, 2013). "Cybercast". https://www.youtube.com/user/G1Hexatron?feature=watch (Podcast). Josh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj_CZiaiUkc.
- Mathew Ignash (October 12th, 2013). "Retro Robot Radio". http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroRobotRadio?feature=watch (Podcast). Mathew Ignash. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsYES71Eih8.
- Josh (December 21st, 2013). "Cybercast". https://www.youtube.com/user/G1Hexatron?feature=watch (Podcast). Josh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDJAsIWUsmk.
- C Z Hazard (w), Iohannes Vinci (p), Simone Daraghiati (col), Logan K. Anthony (let), Juan Pablo Osorio & Logan K. Anthony (ed). "I Can Deal With This Now!" Citizen Stack 1 (April 2014), Keith's Fantasy Club