|The below content is licensed according to Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License contrary to the public domain logo at the foot of the page. It originally appeared on http://en.wikipedia.org. The original article might still be accessible here. You may be able to find a list of the article's previous contributors on the talk page.|
Road Rocket is the name of three fictional characters from the Transformers series. The original the partner to the Autobot Powerflash. The second Road Rocket was a Generation 2 Autobot Laser Cycle introduced in 1995.
Transformers: Generation 1
- Generation 1 Action Master Powerflash with Road Rocket (1991)
- A new mold.
Transformers: Generation 2
Road Rocket is a member of the Autobot Laser Cycles.
Although he exaggerates actual speed capabilities, this Autobot can really burn up the pavement! Always ready to hit the throttle hard and race into battle. Constantly red lines his triple-turbo engine that glows upon reaching excessive temperature parameters. Cools off by ingesting mixture of anti-freeze and oil for catalytic stabilization. Light saber weapon dissolves Decepticon armor faster than ice cream melts on a summertime sidewalk.
Road Rocket appears in "A Flash Forward" by Fun Publications. Cliffjumper is assigned to evaluate the powers of the young Autobots who gained powers from forestonite. He tests Firecracker, Electro, Manta Ray, Aquafend, Windbreaker and Road Rocket. Road Rocket demonstrates the ability to teleport.
Road Rocket made his first IDW Publishing appearance in the Spotlight issue on Galvatron. Appearing as part of Hound's unit on Cybertron guarding Thunderwing's body, Road Rocket was called upon to contain Galvatron by using his speed to call up a wall of fire around him. Sadly it proved ineffective, and Galvatron took them out with one blast of his cannon mode.
- Generation 2 Road Rocket (1995)
- A new mold. A red motorcycle with a light up "light saber" weapon. He was recolored into Robots in Disguise Sideways.
- Robot Masters Road Rocket (2005)
- A recolor of Generation 2 Road Rocket in yellow.
A bust of Road Rocket appeared in Master Yoketron's dojo as a member of ther Cyber Ninja Corps in the Transformers Animated episode "Five Servos of Doom" during a flashback of Prowl's training during the Great War. This character is an homage to the Generation 2 character.
- Jesse Wittenrich & Pete Sinclair (w), Thomas Deer (p), Matt Frank (i), Thomas Deer (col), Jesse Wittenrich (let), Pete Sinclair (ed). "A Flash Forward Part 2" The Transformers Collectors Club 44 (April/May 2012), Fun Publications