|The below content is licensed according to Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License contrary to the public domain logo at the foot of the page. It originally appeared on http://en.wikipedia.org. The original article might still be accessible here. You may be able to find a list of the article's previous contributors on the talk page.
Ro-Tor is the name of two fictional characters in the various Transformers series.
Transformers: Robots in Disguise
Ro-Tor is the name of a Decepticon who turns into a helicopter. The team's reconnaissance specialist.
Ro-Tor's first appearance in the TV series was in episode #14 The Decepticons. As with his fellow Decepticons, Ro-Tor was created when Megatron found six Autobot protoforms and used his own energy to corrupt them.
- Car Robots Heptor
- Robots in Disguise Ro-Tor
- His toy is a redeco of Generation 1 Vortex. With Ruinations official height being given as 15 meters (49.2 feet) tall, and the toy measuring 25 centimeters tall, the toy would have a scale of about 1/60. This would mean Mega-Octane would stand 11.4 meters (37.4 feet) tall, while the other Commandos would stand about 4.8 meters (15.7 feet) tall.
- Robots in Disguise Ro-Tor Redeco
- The Commandos were packaged together in a uniform "urban camo" redeco.
- Universe Ruination (2004)
- A recolor of the Robots in Disguise Ro-Tor was released in Wal*Mart stores as part of a Ruination gift-set. He is painted in desert camo.
- Unite Warriors Ruination (unreleased)
- A recolor of the Unite Warriors Bruticus set in the colors of Ruination.
The Micromaster toy packaging was lacking in bios and no official bio has been released from Hasbro.
According to the Fun Publications Ask Vector Prime stories this Ro-Tor comes from Aurex 1104.30-DB Zeta, part of the Unicron Trilogy series. Superion was born from Doctor Brian Jones's attempts at reverse-engineering Maximus combiner technology and applying it to Mini-Con anatomy. Superion, Defensor, and Rail Racer fought Devastator in the Combiner Wars during the Unicron Singularity crisis.
- Universe Ro-Tor (2005)
- Ro-Tor is a recolor of the Generation One Japanese exclusive Chain Gun. Because the Universe toy line wasn't released in Europe, this toy was labeled as a Cybertron toy in some markets.
- Lenburg, Jeff (2009). The Encyclopedia of Animated Cartoons. Third Edition. Infobase Publishing. p. 657. ISBN 978-0-8160-6599-8.