Ripsaw is a Protector Wastor equipped with a blade shield in his right hand. His left hand is a humanoid fist. He is one of the Starriors with no inbuilt laser weapons, but he can utilize 3mm peg add-on weapons from other figures.
Protectors were programmed to rebuild civilization so that structures, facilities, and ecologies would be established and ready for use upon man's return. Wastors are a humanoid series of Starrior, roughly the same height as an adult human, though somewhat bulkier.
Ripsaw was part of the second wave of Wastors.
Ripsaw: A Wastor on a quest for truth. He fights only to protect others.
Ripsaw was mentioned in Starriors Tunnel of Doom Odyssey I by published by Peter Pan, but did not appear in the story. He was illustrated in a group shot on the back cover of the book riding Twinhorn.
1984 Marvel Comics
Clawgut, Ripsaw and Windstorm appeared in a 1984 Starriors commercial together. Clawgut has the upper hand against Ripsaw until Windstorm came to his rescue.
- Tomy Starriors Wastors Ripsaw (1984)
- Ripsaw is made up of 6 parts that assemble into different configurations. The arms and legs are attached to the body with 5mm pegs and holes, while the head is attached to the body with a 3mm peg and hole.
- There are additional unused 3mm pegs on the top of each shoulder, on his left forearm, on the side of each foot and on behind. There are additional unused 5mm pegs on the backs the shoulders.
- Because the pegs on his shoulder are not 5mm in size, he cannot be configured into Hi-Crusin Position or Lo-Crusin Position.
- This toy came with one of six issues of the Starriors pack-in comics.
- This toy shares most of its mold European R.A.T.S. Protectron and Japanese R.A.T.S. Delfighter S-1.
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.