Early life and education
Priyam Chatterjee was born and raised in the city of Kolkata, West Bengal. He attended Dr. Graham Homes, Kalimpong during his early childhood. He is a graduate from NIPS School of Hotel Management, Kolkata.
Priyam Chatterjee was part of the pre-opening team of Park Hyatt Hyderabad. He has assisted two-star Michelin Spanish Chef Koldo Royo, and was Jr. Sous Chef during the opening of Fauchon Paris (Oman). He was the head Chef and Director at Qla, New Delhi. He is currently the Head Chef at the Indian outpost of San Francisco, California based International Indian restaurant Rooh, headed by Chef Sujan Sarkar.
Chatterjee was San Pellegrino Young Chefs semi-finalist in 2018. He was awarded the Chef of the Year 2017 by Times Night Life, Delhi. He has a special mention in Forbes India annual 30 under 30 achievers list in the F&B section category. Chatterjee had the honour of cooking for the French Ambassador to India and the former Prime Minister of Italy.
- "This chef has deconstructed Bengali cuisine sitting right under the Qutub Minar" (in en). http://t2online.com/lifestyle/this-chef-has-deconstructed-bengali-cuisine-sitting-right-under-the-qutub-minar/cid/17836. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- "Chef Priyam is on a cooking streak". The Sunday Guardian. 16 March 2019. https://www.sundayguardianlive.com/lifestyle/chef-priyam-cooking-streak. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- "A taste of fermented aloo parantha and mango yolk" (in en). Mint (newspaper). 7 April 2019. https://www.livemint.com/mint-lounge/features/a-taste-of-fermented-aloo-parantha-and-mango-yolk-1554453455247.html. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- "Millenial chefs" (in en). India Today. https://www.indiatoday.in/magazine/supplement/story/20171023-millenial-chefs-1062535-2017-10-13. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- "Did we need Rooh’s ‘modern Indian’ food in India?" (in en-IN). The Hindu. 17 April 2019. https://www.thehindu.com/life-and-style/food/did-we-need-roohs-modern-indian-food-in-india/article26863009.ece. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- "Rooh serves soul-stirring modern Indian food" (in en). The Week (Indian magazine). https://www.theweek.in/leisure/lifestyle/2019/04/19/rooh-serves-soul-stirring-modern-indian-food.html. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- "Culture of tasting menus has finally come of age in India". The Economic Times. 2 June 2019. https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/magazines/panache/culture-of-tasting-menus-has-finally-come-of-age-in-india/articleshow/69612949.cms. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- "Here's how international chefs are wooing Indian diners with new flavours" (in en). India Today. https://www.indiatoday.in/lifestyle/what-s-hot/story/here-s-how-international-chefs-are-wooing-indian-diners-with-new-flavours-1166473-2018-02-10. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- "Forbes India Magazine - Print". Forbes India. http://www.forbesindia.com/printcontent/49407. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- "Ambassador hosts 2019 batch of Club Young Leaders India-France" (in en). in.ambafrance.org. https://in.ambafrance.org/Ambassador-hosts-2019-batch-of-Club-Young-Leaders-India-France-16543. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- "Over 3000 eateries and the French Embassy are preparing a special treat for food lovers in Delhi" (in en). India Today. https://www.indiatoday.in/lifestyle/what-s-hot/story/over-3000-eateries-and-the-french-embassy-are-preparing-a-special-treat-for-food-lovers-in-delhi-1193283-2018-03-20.
- "Fancy French gastronomy subtly paves way into Indian casual, bistro fare". The Economic Times. 25 March 2018. https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/magazines/panache/fancy-french-gastronomy-subtly-paves-way-into-indian-casual-bistro-fare/articleshow/63444989.cms. Retrieved 3 June 2019.