|The below content is licensed according to Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License contrary to the public domain logo at the foot of the page. It originally appeared on http://en.wikipedia.org. The original article might still be accessible here. You may be able to find a list of the article's previous contributors on the talk page.|
Poison Bite was released as part of the Beast Wars Mutants sub-line in 2000.
As a Mutant, Poison Bite transforms from baracuda to scorpion, with no robot mode. He is a brooding warrior who can teleport 30 meters. Poison Bite is second in command of the Mutants, under Icebird.
Poison Bite's stasis pod was among those who were launched into orbit around prehistoric Earth in the Beast Wars series pilot.
In Transformers: Universe - The Wreckers the Mutants traveled to Cybertron and sought the guidance of the Oracle computer, seeking a cure for their condition. What they didn't know is that the Oracle was under the influence of the Quintessons. The Mutants were sent to the outer Orion Cluster. Once there they were captured by the Quintessons, found in contempt by the five-faced aliens, and destroyed in an attack by a swarm of Sharkticons. 
In Wreckers: Finale Part II'' Icebird and Poison Bite were revealed to have survived judgement by the Quintessons. Controlling the technorganic vines the Quintessons had created the mutants defeated Judge Heirodyus and used the power of Primus to reform the Sharkticons and turn the planet New Quintessa into a paradise.
Poison Bite also appeared in IDW Publishing's Beast Wars: The Gathering miniseries. Activated on Earth by Magmatron and a group of Predacons from the future, Poison Bite and the mutants emerged from their stasis pods and took up residence in a swamp that they quickly made their own. When a group newly-activated Predacons lead by Transquito ventured through the swamp on a mission they were attacked by the Mutants. Poison Bite attacked Retrax, Soundwave attacked Powerpinch and Icebird attacked Transquito. Deciding the swamp wasn't worth their lives, Scourge and Insecticon fled (although in Beast Wars: The Ascending it is revealed that Retrax, Powerpinch and Transquito survived this encounter). 
- Beast Wars Mutants Deluxe Poison Bite (2000)
- Although the Beast Wars toy line had concluded in 1998, this sub-line was released during the Beast Machines era. Although the figures lack robot modes, they all feature vestigial robotic components — such as Poison Bite's robot head.
- This figure was based on drawings by Hasbro designer Tim Bradley. 
- "Beast Wars Part 1". Written by Bob Forward. Beast Wars. First-run syndication. September 16, 1996. No. 1, season 1.
- Transformers: Universe - The Wreckers by 3H Enterprises
- Greg Sepelak & S. Trent Troop (2007). Wreckers: Finale Part II. Illustrator Guido Guidi, Colorist Drew Eiden. Fun Publications.
- Beast Wars episode #1
- Transformers - More Than Meets The Eye, Robots In Disguise - Transformers @ The Moon - www.transformertoys.co.uk