Olive Union is a wearable tech company headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.  It develops, manufactures, and sells well-designed, functional, and affordable wearables for people with impaired hearing.  It was named a CES 2020 Innovation Honoree by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) and Best Wearable for Best of CES 2020 by Engadget.
Olive Union was founded in 2016 by Owen Song. He launched the company to remove the stigma associated with impaired hearing. Song was inspired by his uncle’s embarrassment and discomfort with hearing impairment.
Olive Union’s first product, the Olive Smart Ear is an affordable, wireless, and single-ear hearing amplifier that looks like a regular earbud.  It uses patented hearing amplification technology to produce a clear and balanced sound.  It also has various pre-set modes that instantly adjust to different hearing environments.
Olive Smart Ear can be paired with Android and iOS smartphones to amplify. It comes with a rechargeable battery and a portable charging case. As of June 2020, the device is priced at $299. 
It was awarded as the Best Wearable at the International CES 2020 “Best of CES Awards”.
- "[INTERVIEW Smart hearing aid startup Olive Union aims for W10b sales with new device"] (in en). http://www.theinvestor.co.kr/view.php?ud=20191002000781.
- "Olive hearing aids exceed Indiegogo crowdfunding target by 740%". 2016-12-22. https://www.venturesquare.net/world/olive-hearing-aids-exceed-crowdfunding-target-740-percent/.
- "Heading Toward Affordable Medical Technology with the Olive Next-Gen Hearing Aid" (in en). https://dornob.com/heading-toward-affordable-medical-technology-with-the-olive-next-gen-hearing-aid/.
- Medcalf, Laura (2017-03-29). "Olive: Next-Generation Hearing Aid" (in en-US). https://www.eastersealstech.com/2017/03/29/olive-next-generation-hearing-aid/.
- Johnson, Dave. "Olive's futuristic hearing aid is 23% off for Father's Day" (in en). https://www.cnet.com/health/olives-futuristic-hearing-aid-is-23-off-for-fathers-day/.