Oilmaster was originally intended to be one of several Double Pretender figures, but the line was ultimately not produced. However, Oilmaster was later featured in a Japanese story where he pursued Magnificus, and two years later his shell (originally unveiled at BotCon 1996) was reused for a Transformers: Timelines exclusive.
Oilmaster's jet component was originally intended to be the Decepticon Micromaster Airwave, but was later changed to simply be an extension of Oilmaster's will. It retains Airwave's colors.
- Hasbro Transformers Timelines Double Pretender Oilmaster (2015)
- The Double Pretender shell comes with two figures, both representing aspects of Oilmaster: a ground-based robot repainted from Transformers: Generations Swerve, and a flying Micromaster repainted from Flanker.
- Comes with a rifle recolors from Construct-Bots Megatron and a sword recolored from Construct-Bots Optimus Prime.
- The shell was later recolored for use with Double Pretender Optimus Prime.
- The shell was was to be reused in a proposed Shattered Glass Optimus Primal which was never released.
- The Optimus Prime recolor of the shell was used by Pete's Robocon to make the custom class exclusives Pretender Gears and Pretender Swerve.
This article is a stub. You can help WikiAlpha by expanding it.