OARDEC Summary of Evidence memos - pg235
This memo was released in February of 2005.
The allegations this detainee faced were:
- a. The detainee is associated with al Qaida and is a Taliban fighter:
- Detainee was recruited to fight in Kashmir and Chechnya by a Jihadist recruiter in Saudi Arabia.
- Detainee joined the Taliban after receiving a Fatwa from ############### at the Immam Muhammad Bin Saud College in Burayda, Saudi Arabia.
- Detainee trained at al Farouq training camp in Afghanistan during September 2001.
- Detainee was trained on the Kalishnikov rifle, PK machine gun, and a Russian pistol at the al Farouq training camp.
- One of the detainee's known aliases was on a list of captured al Qaida members that was discovered on a computer hard drive associated with a senior al Qaida member.
- b. The detainee participated in military operations against the coalition.
- Detainee was a fighter at Tora Bora.