OARDEC Summary of Evidence memos - pg100
This memo was released in February of 2005.
The allegations this detainee faced were:
- a. The detainee is an al-Qaida operative:
- Detainee traveled from Syria, through Turkey, Iran, and Pakistan respectively, finally arriving at Jalalabad, Afghanistan.
- Detainee was smuggled from Iran into Afghanistan and then on to Quetta, Pakistan with assistance from the Tablighi (JT: Jama'at al Tablighi) office in Zahedan, Iran.
- Detainee attended the Al [sic] Farouq training camp [sic] in early 2001.
- Detainee was a bodyguard for Usama Bin Laden.
- The detainee's name was on a list of captured hard drives associated with a senior al Qaeda member.
- Detainee left Jalalabad, Afghanistan around November 2001 with other Arabs and Pakistanis, stayed in the mountains for one month, continued to Pakistan with approximately 20 other Arabs, and was captured on 16 December 2001.
- b. The detainee participated in military operations against the coalition.
- Detainee was in charge of weapons inventory at Tora Bora, with duties consisting of handing out ammunition and taking inventory.
- Detainee worked in one of the supply caves, loading and unloading supplies for other mujahideen.
- Detainee was in Tora Bora after 11 September 2001 making sure fighting groups had enough supplies.