General company information
Meridianbet Bosnia, Meridianbet.ba or Meridian is commonly used trademark to denote the limited liability company Meridian Tech, retail and online gambling operator founded in 2002 with headquarters in Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina, part of Meridian Gaming group.
The Company employs over 400 people as of 2020 and has 52 retail shops throughout Bosnia & Herzegovina.
The entity is established and functioning pursuant to the laws of Bosnia and Herzegovina and licensed by the country’s Games of Chance Administration (respective licence numbers being 06/4-463-2538/18 for internet games, 06/4-463-1828/11 for gaming machines and 06/4-463- 1279/20 for sports betting).
Products and services offered
Meridianbet.ba offers a variety of gambling services such as sports betting, casino, slots and gaming services (retail and remote) to customers. The company is primarily focused on offering odds and trading the sports betting market, with an offer covering all major sports such as football, basketball, tennis, volleyball, etc, live betting included. Also, Meridianbet renders the following services:
- retail and online sports betting (including the empty bet option, where a player presents an idea on proposing the bet and receiving the odds from the bookmaker in turn). Pre-match and live betting are available and are covered with variety of bonuses, both deposit and non-deposit bonuses for sports betting . All matches are covered with data feeds and live odds
- esport betting including betting on most popular tournaments in games such as PES, FIFA 2020, DOTA, CS:GO etc.
- online casino (600+ games available for both desktop and mobile) with 50 free spins for each newly - registered players. 
The online casino services are rendered both in-house made and with the help of software solutions from leading global online casino suppliers, such as MicroGaming, Habanero, PlayTech, Playson, Expanse, Pragmatic and Fazi.
The Company has developed a broad variety of payment methods, such as in-house Meridian Dopuna vouchers, as well as Paysafe, Skrill, Kliker, Skrill, regular bank transfer etc. Meridianbet.ba also offers the possibility of funding the online player account via SMS.
The majority of Meridianbet.ba business is direct B2C, rendered to customers (players) via betshops and meridianbet.ba. In addition, the company also develops an indirect B2B (franchise model), where the group licences the use of technology and know-how to local partners operating under the Meridian brand.
Merdianbet.ba has 17 years of experience in the betting and gaming sector, both in Bosnia and Herzegovina and in the Southeast Europe market (through related parties). With highly trained staff and a developed AML and responsible gambling doctrine, the Company also has the ability to adapt to new gambling market regulatory developments, especially in the area of online gambling and betting.
The company's market comparative advantages are also the core elements of business development strategy – they are based on offering the largest range of sports events on the market and the richest offer in live betting. In addition, the Company has one of the most favourable and the biggest number of bookmaking odds in Bosnia and Herzegovina (8000 odds per match in average), resulting in Meridianbet being positioned as the leading industry brand in the Bosnia Herzegovina betting and gaming market.
The Company also has a network of retail outlets that are equipped to fully meet customer needs, with all precautionary and social responsibility measures to ensure the safety of players and the integrity of the game.
Meridianbet.ba has developed a responsible gambling policy , based on the following core principles to secure the players and especially those belonging to vulnerable social groups:
- Security of the game (data and sports events integrity)
- Protection against gaming addiction (self-exclusion mechanisms)
- Protection of minors (total ban of premises/website entry to minors)
Applied gender equality: More than a half of all Meridianbet.ba workforce are women, thus placing the Company among the very small number of industry players worldwide to have implemented such approach. All Meridianbet empployees are constantly traned and equipped to face the most up-to-date technology and regulatory changes in the industry and the business in general.
During the COVID-19 pandemic starting from March 2020, Meridianbet.ba has supported its host community in Bosnia and Herzegovina by providing financial, technical and logistical support to residents in small and remote areas, hospitals, medical workers, food banks and day-care centres, Red Cross / Red Crescent units. The company assisted by offering financial donations and supported the procurement of medical equipment to the cities of Sarajevo , Banja Luka , Tuzla , Doboj, Gradiška and others.
Bosnia – Herzegovina gambling market: business and regulatory conditions
The gambling market in Bosnia and Herzegovina is relatively small and available information indicate there are approximately a total of 2,500 gambling premises throughout the country, with the most popular forms of gambling being sports betting and gaming machines.
Games of chance are divided into 3 groups: a) lottery games of chance; b) electronic games of chance and c) special games of chance (including casino gaming, slot machines and betting). The right to operate Internet betting, online games of chance and slot machines is granted by the Administration for Games of Chance with the licences being valid for a period of 5 years. 
- meridian-poklanja-10-km-bonusa-za-srecan-pocetak". www.pravdabl.com, Retrieved August 18, 2021
- meridianbet-casti-novim-igracima-50-spinova-dobrodoslice/200615050". wwww.klix.ba, Retrieved August 18, 2021
- novo-u-meridianu-uplata-depozita-sms-dopunom". www.avaz.ba, Retrieved August 18, 2021
- drustvena-odgovornost". www.pomoc.meridianbet.ba, Retrieved August 18, 2021
- kompanija-meridian-donacija-za-gerontoloski-centar-u-sarajevu". www.avaz.ba, Retrieved August 18, 2021
- Meridian-nastavlja-akciju-Zastitna-oprema-za-Gerontoloski-centar/608408". www.nezavisne.com, Retrieved August 19, 2021
- nastavljaju-svoj-humani-put-meridian-urucio-pomoc-crvenom-krizu-u-tuzli". www.tuzlanski.ba, Retrieved August 18, 2021
- kompanija-meridian-dobrobit-zajednice-i-dalje-na-prvom-mjestu". www.avaz.ba, Retrieved August 19, 2021
- default.aspx#collapsible3". www.vladars.net, Retrieved August 18, 2021