Joseph Blake Smith
Joseph Blake Smith (August 27, 1983) is an American serial entrepreneur,Real Estate Agent, and an ex-Army Lieutenant. He is the founder and CEO of SQRL Holdings, an organization known for transforming the convenience store market by using laser-precision-tactical service methods.
He is also the author of “The Comeback,” a memoir depicting his life of how he became a self-made millionaire, lost it all, and bounced back up to create yet another thriving business.
Early life and education
Blake Smith was born on August 27, 1983, to Susan Collins-Smith and Joseph Mack Smith. His mother was a concert pianist and an entrepreneur, while his father was a linebacker for the University of Arkansas. His illegitimate grandfather on his father’s side, Billy Ray Smith, was a Hall of Fame football player. Smith had no idea about his ancestors until after his both parents died.
He obtained a triple degree in Psychology, Business, and Physics from the University of Arkansas where he graduated Summa Cum Laude. After which he joined the U.S. Army. He returned from his service in 2005 and enrolled in law school at the University of Arkansas.
He received his Juris doctorate, alongside earning an MBA from Stanford University in 2007. He was admitted to the Arkansas Bar in 2007 but voluntarily resigned his license since he had no interest in pursuing a legal profession.
8Blake enrolled in Army ROTC while he was still in college. After completing the jump, dive, and mountain warfare training, he was commissioned as a Lieutenant in the 3rd Ranger Battalion. He was later picked and assigned to the CIA's Special Activities Center (SAC), though this has not been confirmed.
He started his career in commercial real estate brokerage and property development while he was still in law school, where he focused on developing property for Casey's General Store throughout Arkansas.
He started his entrepreneurial career when he began leasing and purchasing mineral rights in Arkansas, Texas, and Oklahoma. Later on, he founded Rock Capital Group, a capital firm specializing in oil and gas investments and commercial real estate development and served as CEO. Since it was founded, the firm has successfully deployed and managed over $100 million. In 2015, one of his partners sued his business and as a consequence, a $7 million mediated settlement deal was reached.
In 2012, Blake founded Standard Development Company, a fully-vertically integrated convenience store development company; developing net-leased convenience stores across the United States. As of 2022, the company owns and operates over 250 branded and unbranded convenience stores across the United States.
In 2018, he founded Z Banq, a company known for utilizing decentralization and blockchain technology to transform any hard asset into digital shares and create a new form of capital. In 2021, he created Standard Energy, leveraging his experience with the Rock Capital Group. Soon after, the company became a leading oil and gas mineral brokerage firm.
Other companies operating under SQRL Holdings include - SQRL Black, Trinet Realty, Standard Media, and Standard Processing.
Since the foundation of SQRL Holdings, Blake has obtained professional experience in managing companies in real estate and energy sectors including SQRL Black, Rock Solid Opportunities, TriNet Realty, Standard Media, Z Banq, Standard Processing, and others.
Blake Smith is married to Amanda and together they have four daughters named Sadie, Emma Grace, Isabella, and Audrey.
- "Joseph Blake Smith". https://www.crunchbase.com/person/joseph-blake-smith.
- "Joseph Blake Smith - Crunchbase Person Profile" (in en). https://www.crunchbase.com/person/joseph-blake-smith.
- "Joseph Blake Smith" (in en). https://www.f6s.com/blake-smith-arkansas.
- "Episode 1: Joseph Blake Smith Shares 6 Secrets Of Successful Real Estate Agents" (in en). https://www.audacy.com/podcasts/joseph-blake-smith-98095/episode-1-joseph-blake-smith-shares-6-secrets-of-successful-real-estate-agents-1323623959.
- "Joseph Blake Smith Shares Five ways a real estate associate can help you" (in en). https://www.powershow.com/view0/94cb82-NzA2N/Joseph_Blake_Smith_Shares_Five_ways_a_real_estate_associate_can_help_you_powerpoint_ppt_presentation.
- Arkansas, Joseph Blake Smith. "Joseph Blake Smith is a Professional Real Estate Agent" (in en). https://www.issuewire.com/joseph-blake-smith-is-a-professional-real-estate-agent-1730013595227454.
- "Blake Smith Little Rock Arkansas Real Estate Broker". https://connectgalaxy.com/post/647.
- "The Comeback Blake Smith: Stay In The Fight". https://www.amazon.com/Comeback-Blake-Smith-Stay-Fight/dp/B09NRF37YW.