Transformers: Generation 1
Icepick is Decepticon Monster Pretender. He forms a leg of the combiner Monstructor. Icepick is a follower of planned obsolescence, the belief in the destruction of things today, so they can be recycled.
Biography: lcepick is one of the most cheerful Decepticons -he truly loves his job and believes in its purpose. He immediately latched onto the Decepticon ideals of replacing the old and weak with the strong, and signed up for demolitions. With all of the fervor and ideological zeal of a propaganda ad, Icepick will gladly explain that it only makes sense to recycle the battered buildings of today into the technological marvels of a brave new Decepticon future. His efforts to convert others to the Decepticon cause have met with very limited success, but the upper echelon of Decepticon command appreciates his ceaseless efforts on their behalf, no matter how misguided.
Weapons/abilities: Subject possesses great strength and endurance, and above-average intelligence. His outer Pretender shell [See Pretenders] is so heavily armored that, in theoretical testing, no non-nuclear explosion was powerful enough to damage it. His claws can rend metal and crush concrete with almost no effort. In creature mode, Subject can leap a distance of 1.8 miles at a time. As a robot, he's armed with a fireball bazooka. Combines with fellow Pretender Monsters to form Monstructor.Weaknesses: Although he believes in what he preaches, Subject is not convinced of some of the more ruthless Decepticon tactics, especially when they involve unsuspecting victims. His outer shell is very slow.
Devil's Due Publishing
- Generation 1 Monster Pretender Icepick (1989)
- This Decepticon Monster Pretender came with a shell shaped like a monster. He shared a basic robot design with Goryu, but had a different shell.
Transformers: Power Core Combiners
Icepick is a Decepticon Power Core Combiner Commander. His believes only the most advanced should survive, going so far as to not care about his fellow Decepticon's survival if they are not combiners. His partner Chainclaw transforms into a missile launcher that mounts on the roof of his snow truck mode. Where Power Core Combiners fits in Transformers fiction is vague, although it has some connections with the 2007 live action Transformer movie series.
When Maketoys released promotional images of their Missile Launcher Jungle Type toy they included photos of it combined with Icepick.
- Power Core Combiners Scout Icepick with Chainclaw (2010)
- A new mold. His snow truck mode resembles Snow Cat. As a Power Core Combiner Scout, he can become the torso of a combined form by using four drone limbs (sold separately).
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Icepick dislikes humans, but when his combiner team is destroyed, he allies himself with the rogue soldier Sergeant Chaos. His firepower and Sergeant Chaos' extensive information on Autobot intelligence prove to be a deadly combination.
- Dark of the Moon Human Alliance Basic Icepick with Sergeant Chaos (2011)
- A new mold. As with all Basic Human Alliance figures, Icepick is a triple-changer; he transforms from a snowmobile into a robot or a Mech Tech chainsaw that can be used with any Voyager or Leader Class figure.
- Dark of the Moon Flash Freeze Assault Human Alliance Basic Icepick with Sergeant Chaos (2011)
- A black/orange recolor bundled with a gray/black/white recolor of Human Alliance Sideswipe. The Sergeant Chaos figure has a new head sculpt that omits the helmet.
- G.I. Joe vs. the Transformers: Black Horizon #1-2 by Devil's Due Publishing
- Transformers Spotlight: Optimus Prime by IDW Publishing
- The Transformers #67 by Marvel Comics (June 1990)
- Cobra Island Toys
- TFW2005.com - Icepick with Sergeant Chaos
- TFW2005.com - Icepick with Sergeant Chaos (Flash Freeze Assault)