Hardbacon is a financial technology company that provides investment analysis and investment services through an iOS/Android app. The company was co-founded in 2017 by Julien Brault, former economic journalist at Les Affaires, Henri Tremblay and Yazan Khayyat. Its head office is located in Longueuil, Quebec. It bases its growth on crowdfunding.
In January 2018, the company was appointed by the Association Québécoise des Technologies to the 1st cohort of the Parcours Jeune Enterprise. The following month, Hardbacon launched its stock portfolio management iOS app. It provides access to analysis tools allowing it to monitor its investments in the stock market. The app is the first in Canada to connect directly to both the investment accounts and bank accounts of its clients. It is compatible with several online brokers, including Desjardins Online Brokerage or TD Direct Investing. Following the launch of the application, Hardbacon appoints François Barrière (former treasurer of Laurentian Bank ) to its advisory board. The same year, the Bulldozer agency invested $30,000 in the Hardbacon company in order to develop a new version of the application. Hardbacon then raised $250,000 via the GoTroo platform. Thanks to this new round of financing, the company is launching an Android version of its application. In the summer of 2018, Hardbacon signed an agreement with Desjardins Online Brokerage. In November, the company established its head office in Longueuil, in the premises of the 150:00 business accelerator, created by the Economic Development arm of the agglomeration of Longueuil.
At the end of the summer, Hardbacon completes another round of crowdfunding, with more than $750,000 raised through the FrontFundr portal. In December 2019, Hardbacon signed an agreement with the National Bank Direct Brokerage (NBDB).
In May 2020, Hardbacon is launching a new version of its mobile app. Several features are emerging, such as budgeting or planning. Hardbacon changes its motto: it then becomes “My financial coach”. it was previously "Invested like a pro". Also in May 2020, Hardbacon is putting a personal finance course online. Among the topics covered: debt, the different types of accounts (RRSP, TFSA). In July 2020, the company received funding of $50,000 from the National Research Council Canada with the goal of developing an AI capable of predicting stock prices. To do this, Hardbacon is working on a stock rating system that will help users choose which stocks to invest in. The ratings will also be offered under license to financial institutions. On October 20, 2020, Harbacon is launching comparison widgets to analyze 447 different financial products: credit cards, savings accounts, checking accounts, online brokers, life insurance, mortgages and personal loans.
- "Hardbacon: l'app qui permet à tout le monde d'investir en Bourse". https://www.gotroo.com/fr/voir-projet/118/hardbacon-l-app-qui-permet-a-tout-le-monde-d-investir-en-bourse-hardbacon/.
- "Un nouveau partenariat pour Hardbacon". https://www.conseiller.ca/nouvelles/industrie/un-nouveau-partenariat-pour-hardbacon/.
- "Hardbacon wants to create an AI capable of predicting stock market fluctuations". https://www.finance-investissement.com/nouvelles/actualites/hardbacon-veut-creer-une-ia-capable-de-predire-les-variations-de-la-bourse/.
- [Desjardins Online Brokerage partners with Hardbacon "https://www.conseiller.ca/nouvelles/industrie/desjardins-courtage-en-ligne-sassocie-avec-hardbacon/"]. Desjardins Online Brokerage partners with Hardbacon.
- "ORGANIZATION Hardbacon". https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/hardbacon/company_financials.
- "Fundraising round brought in over $ 750,000 for Hardbacon". https://www.finance-investissement.com/nouvelles/actualites/la-ronde-de-financement-a-rapporte-plus-de-750-000-a-hardbacon/.
- "PARCOURS JEUNE ENTREPRISE". https://www.aqt.ca/initiatives/parcours-jeune-entreprise/.
- [Free: online course on personal finance "https://lactualite.com/lactualite-affaires/gratuit-cours-en-ligne-sur-les-finances-personnelles/"]. Free: online course on personal finance.
- "Start-up: Hardbacon obtient un investissement de 30 000$". https://www.lesaffaires.com/dossier/defi-start-up-7---3e-edition/start-up-hardbacon-obtient-un-investissement-de-30-000/603775.