Ha Li Fa
As a food company in Singapore specialising in fish balls and fish cakes, Ha Li Fa is especially notable for producing BoBo fish balls and other well-known surimi-based fish ball brands widely consumed not only in Asia, but also in Europe, North America, Oceania, the Middle East, and other parts of the world where they are exported to.
In 1987, Ha Li Fa was founded by siblings Ang Yang Hua and Jill Ang, who incorporated the company in Singapore in 1997. Ha Li Fa the went on to develop BoBo (Chinese: 波波) fish balls as its flagship product, which is well-known within Singapore and has significant national media presence.
Starting in 2013, Ha Li Fa also started expanding into China and increasing the presence of Singaporean-style hawker food in the country, particularly its BoBo fish balls. Ha Li Fa products are sold in Indonesia,, the Middle East, and other countries.
Other than fish balls and cakes, Ha Li Fa also sells fish dumplings, seafood balls (crab, prawn, cuttlefish, and more) and innovative food products such as cheese seafood tofu cakes and Thai fish cakes. In addition, Ha Li Fa produces wontons, ngo hiang, yong tau foo, and other Southeast Asian foods of Hokkien and Teochew origin.
Besides BoBo, Ha Li Fa also has the following two brands:
- Sakura fish balls and fish cakes, made using Japanese Lactobacillus technology
- Ballgus fish balls, fish cakes, chicken meatballs, and sausages
- Har, Dannon (12 March 2019). "Two Singapore women chosen for EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women Asia-Pacific 2017" (in en). The Edge Singapore. https://www.theedgesingapore.com/article/two-singapore-women-chosen-ey-entrepreneurial-winning-women-asia-pacific-2017. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- "Global Fish Balls Market by Types, Applications, Countries, Companies and Forecasts to 2024 covered in a Latest Research" (in en). Industrial Journalism. 13 June 2019. https://industrialjournalism.com/2019/06/13/global-fish-balls-market-by-types-applications-countries-companies-and-forecasts-to-2024-covered-in-a-latest-research/. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- Castro, Ann (12 March 2019). "Global Fish Balls Market Overview 2019-2027: Ha Li Fa, HAKKA, BoBo, Wai Yee Hong, Heuschen Schrouff" (in en). Market Research US. https://marketresearchnews.us/7047/global-fish-balls-market-overview-2019-2027-ha-li-fa-hakka-bobo-wai-yee-hong-heuschen-schrouff/. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- "Going Global with Standards" (in en). SME Portal Singapore. https://www.smeportal.sg/content/smeportal/en/industries/food/2015/Going-Global-with-Standards.html. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- Lam, Fiona (22 May 2015). "SMEs to get help in adopting technologies" (in en). Business Times. https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/technology/smes-to-get-help-in-adopting-technologies. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- "BoBo’s new ad for fishballs doesn’t hold back in production quality and we love it" (in en). Coconuts Singapore. 1 December 2017. https://coconuts.co/singapore/news/bobos-new-ad-fishballs-doesnt-hold-back-production-quality-love/. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- 联合早报 (4 October 2013). "合利发有限公司 波波朗朗上口 品牌深入人心" (in zh). http://news-com.cn/asean/singapore/a/201310/05167257.shtml. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- Min, Chia Yan (11 September 2017). "Boom time for Singapore food firms in China market" (in en). Straits Times. https://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/boom-time-for-spore-food-firms-in-china-market. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- MCI Singapore. "SMETowKay: Serving up a dose of productivity" (in en). Medium. https://medium.com/sgmci/smetowkay-serving-up-a-dose-of-productivity-574cd2110033. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- "Tasty S'pore food in Indonesia" (in en). Straits Times. 17 January 2018. https://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/tasty-spore-food-in-indonesia. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- Mui, Rachel (16 January 2018). "SFMA, IE Singapore help local SMEs enter Indonesia's top supermarkets" (in en). Business Times. https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/sfma-ie-singapore-help-local-smes-enter-indonesias-top-supermarkets. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- "Singapore Pavilion at Gulfood 2015". Enterprise Singapore. https://ie.enterprisesg.gov.sg/Partner-Singapore/Singapore-Industry-Capabilities/Lifestyle-Business/Food-and-Beverages/Tradeshows/Gulfood-2015. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- "BoBo Fishballs – The Fishball Makers Share Their 5 Ways To Success" (in en). Daniel Food Diary. 18 June 2014. https://danielfooddiary.com/2014/06/18/bobofishballs/. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- "Ha Li Fa: Making Everyday a Celebration" (in en). https://www.enterprisesg.gov.sg/industries/type/food-manufacturing/food-and-beverages/-/media/ESG/files/industries/food-manufacturing/brand-ambassadors/halifa.pdf. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- Wong, Julie (30 April 2016). "Taste the world at Food and Hotel Asia expo" (in en). Star 2. https://www.star2.com/food/food-news/2016/04/30/taste-the-world-at-food-and-hotel-asia-expo/. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- "Ha Li Fa brands" (in en). https://www.halifa-bobo.com/our-brands/. Retrieved 14 June 2019.