|The below content is licensed according to Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License contrary to the public domain logo at the foot of the page. It originally appeared on http://en.wikipedia.org. The original article might still be accessible here. You may be able to find a list of the article's previous contributors on the talk page.|
Transformers: Generation 1
Gilmer can use undersea volcanoes against Autobot warriors using the magma to attack them. He can control all cruel undersea life such as sharks and orcas. He was imprisoned in Atlantis.
In the Masterforce series, Pretenders don't split from their shells, but transform from semi-organic beings into robotic ones. Gilmer's shell is designed to resemble a humanoid fish monster and he can change size from slightly larger than a human to full size. He is strongest in the water but is able to hover over land in vehicle mode.
Gilmer and Blood attempted to draw out the Autobot Pretenders by attacking a cruise ship off the coast of Canada. 
Gilmer last appears in episode #42 "A Battle... and Then..." where the Decepticon Pretenders flee an enraged Black Zarak.
- Generation 1 Pretender Gilmer (1988)
- This toy is identical to the Submarauder toy, but the characterization on the box was completely original.
- Jim Sorenson & Bill Forster (July 22, 2008). Transformers: The Ark II. IDW Publishing. p. 129. ISBN 978-1600101809.
- "Rise Up!! Pretenders". Writer Hiroyuki Hoshiyama. Transformers: Super-God Masterforce. April 12th, 1988. No. 1, season 1.
- "A Battle... and Then...". Writer Yoshihisa Araki. Transformers: Super-God Masterforce. February 28th, 1989. No. 42, season 1.