Dezerv is an Indian Wealth Management company founded in 2021 with headquarters in Mumbai. The company offers investment solutions to investor segments such as affluent, HNIs (High Net Worth Individuals) and family offices.
Dezerv was founded in 2021 by Sandeep Jethwani, Vaibhav Porwal, Sahil Contractor who have held senior management positions at companies like IIFL Wealth, Kotak Wealth Management, and Anand Rathi Wealth Management. Previously, the founders have managed Rs. 50,000+ crores worth of investor assets.
Dezerv Investments Pvt. Ltd. (the holding Company) offers Portfolio Management Services (PMS) and also is the Investment Manager to Category 1- Angel Fund, Category 2 - Private Credit Fund and Category 2 - PE/VC Fund.
The company has offices in Mumbai (headquarter), Bangalore, Delhi and Hyderabad.
Dezerv has raised funds across 2 rounds since its inception:
Seed Funding: Dezerv raised $7 million in its first institutional funding round in Aug 2021 to develop technology infrastructure, expand the team and meet regulatory requirements.
Series A: Dezerv raised its second round in Aug 2022 to focus on improving user experience, introduce new investment opportunities and get new talent onboard. This round valued Dezerv at $100 million.
Dezerv counts marquee VC funds like Blume, Accel, Elevation and Matrix among its captable. Leading angel investors from the startup ecosystem like Kunal Shah, Vidit Atrey and dozens others have also invested in Dezerv.
Portfolio Management Services
PMS (Portfolio Management Service) is Dezerv’s flagship investment offering aimed towards affluent and HNI investors and family offices.
Under PMS, Dezerv offers multiple investment strategies:
Equity Revival Strategy: An all-equity multicap investment strategy
Dynamic Debt Plus Strategy: A fixed income focused strategy
Alpha Focus Strategy: An all-equity mid and small cap investment strategy
Wealth Monitor App
Wealth Monitor, a portfolio review app launched by Dezerv, has analyzed over Rs. 25,000 crore ($3 billion) worth of assets within a year of its launch.
The app has helped over 1,30,000 investors identify underperformance and suboptimal diversification in their investment portfolios.
Here are two of the important findings of the Wealth Monitor App:
Investment portfolios of over 1,05,000 (80%+ of total users) investors showed underperformance/average performance
Over 1,08,000 users of the app were investing in a portfolio that was either under-diversified or over-diversified
The app recommends corrective actions that investors should take to optimise their portfolios.
The app has been ideated, designed and developed by investment professionals and technologists with decades of experience lending the credibility of experts.
- "Dezerv FAQ". https://www.dezerv.in/faqs/.
- "Dezerv Funding". https://www.dezerv.in/media/dezerv-raises-7m-in-a-seed-round-co-led-by-elevation-capital-and-matrix-partners-india/.
- "Economic Times". https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/tech/funding/wealth-management-startup-dezerv-raises-21-million-in-funding-led-by-accel/articleshow/93435690.cms.
- "Your Story". https://yourstory.com/2022/06/mumbai-wealth-management-startup-dezerv-alternative-assets-portfolios.
- "Money Control". https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/trends/reimagining-mutual-fund-investments-introducing-dezervs-wealth-monitor-app-10885401.html.
- "Livr Mint". https://www.livemint.com/money/personal-finance/dezerv-offers-to-manage-your-portfolio-with-hurdle-rate-of-15-11655221617953.html.