After he got out of the army, Walker, who was interested in finance, applied and got accepted at business school. After graduating from Kellogg School of Management with an MBA degree he started working in financial services.
Walker was previously the COO of SHIM, a hedge fund in New York City that grew from $800 million to $2.6 billion while he was COO. Prior to SHIM, he held various COO and CFO roles at multi-billion dollar hedge funds. He’s the co-founder of Flintlock Capital, a commodities-based hedge fund which he launched in 2009 and grew to $160 million.
Currently, he is the President and COO of Growthline Capital Management, a long/short equity hedge fund headquartered he co-founded and which is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut.Growthline Capital is a 100% Veteran-Owned firm.
Walker, a former Green Beret Special Forces Commander is also currently on the Board of Directors of the Green Beret Foundation.
- "David Walker, a Green Beret, Identifies the Best U.S. Surfing Spots" (in en-US). 2021-06-09. https://icrowdnewswire.com/?p=2878508.
- "Our Inspirery Exclusive Interview With: David Walker" (in en-US). 2021-04-13. https://inspirery.com/david-walker-green-beret/.
- "COO David Walker Green Beret is Transforming What It Means to Be a Hedge Fund COO". https://www.accesswire.com/636348/COO-David-Walker-Green-Beret-is-Transforming-What-It-Means-to-Be-a-Hedge-Fund-COO.
- "Home". https://davidwalkergreenberet.com/.
- "3 Ways David Walker Green Beret is Shaping GrowthLine Capital’s Success" (in en-US). 2021-02-24. https://icrowdnewswire.com/2021/02/24/3-ways-david-walker-green-beret-is-shaping-growthline-capitals-success/.
- "David Walker - Co-founder of Growthline Capital Management" (in en-US). https://ideamensch.com/david-walker/.
- Hunter, Caroline (2021-01-15). "David Walker Green Beret Discusses Why He Joined An All-Veteran Hedge fund" (in en-US). https://www.einpresswire.com/article/534579328/david-walker-green-beret-discusses-why-he-joined-an-all-veteran-hedge-fund.