Daphne Technology is a Swiss cleantech startup headquartered in Saint-Sulpice, Vaud.  It has developed SulPure, a patented closed-loop emission control system, that converts harmful gases like sulfur oxides (SOx) and nitrogen oxides (NOx) into agricultural fertilizer.  It offers a cost-effective, sustainable, and ready-to-install solution that will help shipowners comply with the IMO 2020 regulations. 
History & Funding
Daphne Technology was founded in 2017 by Marion Michan at the EPFL Innovation Park in Lausanne, Switzerland.  While Michan is a CERN physicist, Asplind has 15 years of experience in the shipping industry.  The company was initially bootstrapped with some funding from the European Union (EU).
In January 2019, the company raised more than €7.4 million in a Series A funding round lead by Saudi Aramco Energy Venture (SAEV), the corporate investment subsidiary of Saudi Aramco. The Innovation Fund, a Belgian fund, and the Solvay group also participated in the round. In December 2019, Daphne Technology raised another €2.5 million in grant funding from the EU through the H2020 EIC Accelerator program only few applicants receive it.
Daphne Technology has built a three-step emission control system that removes harmful atmospheric emissions in exhaust gases from marine engines.  First, a pre-conditioning unit eliminates particulate matters. Thereafter, a purification unit uses patented nanotechnology to reduce sulfur emissions by 99.3% and nitrogen emissions by 85%.
Lastly, urea is injected into the exhaust gases. It reacts with the sulfur to form ammonium sulfate, an agricultural fertilizer, while the nitrogen is released harmlessly into the atmosphere.
During the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, the company collaborated with Volvo Truck to design and develop protective visors for healthcare workers.
Daphne Technology was featured in the list of the most promising Swiss startups at the Top 100 Swiss Startups Award 2019 and 2018. It won stage 3 of Venture Kick in 2018.  It was also among the winners of Neptune Awards in 2019 organized by the Global Sustainable Shipping and Ports Forum.
- "Transformer le gaz des navires en engrais, le pari fou de Daphne Technology" (in fr). Le Temps. 2020-02-09. ISSN 1423-3967. https://www.letemps.ch/economie/transformer-gaz-navires-engrais-pari-fou-daphne-technology.
- "A way to close the loop on shipping emissions that doesn't cost the earth" (in en-GB). The Telegraph. 2019-11-14. ISSN 0307-1235. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/business-reporter/reducing-shipping-emissions/.
- "Acteurs - CleantechAlps". https://www.cleantech-alps.com/en/start-ups/detail/index.php?id=daphne-technology-9405&fbclid=IwAR2Zg-Oz0jpiNU1-kout8P94ytSYHe4kzXYQjOFCcJYJPVnoEyH3m-xXPdc.
- "'What happens if we're kicked out?' Seven Swiss scientists contemplate a possible future outside EU R&D programmes" (in en). https://sciencebusiness.net/international-news/what-happens-if-were-kicked-out-seven-swiss-scientists-contemplate-possible.
- "Daphne Technology: Using nanotechnology to control emissions" (in en). https://www.ergo.com/en/Microsites/tacklingclimatechange/Start/Climate/DaphneTechnology.
- "Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures leads Series A round in Daphne Technology Startupticker.ch | The Swiss Startup News channel". https://www.startupticker.ch/en/news/january-2019/saudi-aramco-energy-ventures-leads-series-a-investment-round-in-daphne-technology?fbclid=IwAR1SWcko_npZhAncdnjS17u3DMZAvFQBd_3kFj_-Z1UqGWo1Bwc1Heo0Gj0.
- "Daphne Technoloy Gets €2.5M in Grant Funding from the European Union via the H2020 EIC Accelerator Program" (in en). https://www.venturelab.ch/index.cfm?page=137300&article_id=4053.
- "Här gör permitterade Volvo-arbetare skyddsvisir till vårdpersonalen" (in sv). https://www.expressen.se/gt/har-gor-volvo-personal-skyddsvisir-till-varden/.
- "TOP 100 Swiss Startup Award - 100 most promising Swiss startups". https://www.top100startups.swiss/?fbclid=IwAR3H9PU_NN5D0iCPiyzdpwZcW7d_hF2a0zWkwPWUmm38twdoj1zDrsynGIk.
- "Venture Kick – Portfolio of the startups supported since 2007". https://www.venturekick.ch/index.cfm?page=129908.
- "ALJ Group Maritime Events posted on LinkedIn" (in en). https://www.linkedin.com/posts/greentech-in-shipping-global-forum_we-are-thrilled-to-share-the-winner-list-activity-6582959492944678912-jp_G.